Thread: Wm. J. Hood clamps - collectable or yard sale?

Wm. J. Hood clamps - collectable or yard sale?

I purchased this pair of 12" capacity Wm. J. Hood Clamps at an antique auction over 40 years ago. I'm cleaning my shop and have no need for the clamps. Would these clamps have potential value to other woodworkers/collectors or are they wall hanger decoration?

20160920_114111.jpg 20160920_114019.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]If you first don't succeed, TRY, TRY AGAIN...

They look like great users.If you become a contributor and put up for sale on the classified section.Maybe they will find a home in someone's shop.
    It would be a shame to just hang them on the wall.

Aj

Not on topic, but I miss visiting Boona Vista a couple times a year when I lived in VA. Beautiful area.

Howdy Don, Was in your neck of the woods in July. Lovely area. I really enjoyed rolling down one of a hill on a hike. Just wish I could have rolled back up too. I picked up a decent Stanley No. 4, type 7 in new hope for 7.00 too. that made the trip better.

as to the clamps i'm not a collector, just a lover. That is a fabulous makers mark and they have value in that. Unfortunately I've found old wood threaded clamps to chip quite easily on the threads so they probably are wall hangers for sure. I wish you were closer. I'd buy 'em.