Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Looking for a high-quality chisel sharpening service (in US)

A quick google search to actually respond to your question and not berate you on your skill or frustration you are having with re-establishing the original reference on your chisels:
    I don't think anyone is berating, but trying to encourage him that this is a necessary part of the skillset for a woodworker as well as save some money.

I strongly suspect the reason the chisels got out of square is from due to his honing technique & Mike is exactly right in what he said.

As already stated, flattening the back of a chisel is the simplest of jobs, only requiring a flat stone and a some elbow grease.

I hope an offer of help near him arises that will be a learning experience!!

Bill White did 'em. He knew what I wanted (someone to establish the geometry, sharpen them, and polish the backsides.) He did a real nice job.

I found out that it is difficult to take a shot of my eye reflected in the mirror of the back of a chisel, hand-holding a chisel and a camera. After giving up on that idea, I found it was difficult to even get a nice shot without trying to photograph the mirror. The camera flash just makes micro scratches look like canyons. So, the photo is awful.

SharpenedChisel_0231.jpg

Bill also buffed the ferules, and waxed and buffed the handles. He treated them like they were his own. Did I mention that they are sharp? They are sharp.

Thank you Bill, I really appreciate your fine work!

Dennis

You are most welcome, and as I said to you, those puppies have some hard steel in the blades.
    I try to give my customers the service I expect from suppliers. Price/value/speed.
    Bill
    On the other hand, I still have five fingers.