Thread: Need a Fiber Guru, Stainless warping issues

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Need a Fiber Guru, Stainless warping issues

I've had my 30 watt Bodor galvo fiber for about 2 months now and my main material I'm marking (annealing) is around 1mm Stainless. I'm having an incredible struggle with warping on this and thinner stainless. I know people are able to get it to mark a nice black mark without problems and relatively quickly as well. I've tried everything from out of focus, all 3 lenses I have (100,200 and 300mm) speeds, power, frequencies, hatch spacings, passes etc. I've come close with the 300mm lens, 4 pass, 1200 speed, 45% power, 150 frequency, .05 wobble with a .1 spacing and for hatching i'm using the snake type with three different hatches all around 0.07 45,315 and 90 degrees. I'm trying to keep the heat out but mark as well.

Admittedly the ones I'm having most problems with are bold graphics and text with quite a lot of surface area but i've seen it done and i'm hoping someone can share their best kept secret with me. I'm not new to lasers (16 years in the industry) but this fiber and lack of available written information from the manufacturer has me stumped..

Thanks in advance for any advice given.
    Last edited by Scott Anders; 09-26-2016 at 5:54 AM.