Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HVLP Advice Wanted...Needed!

Another ideal which I have never tried but research it is SW's sells a Graco Pro Fine Finish sprayer in electrical and battery which the painting trade uses to paint doors and trim.Watching the Youtubes it looks pretty good but has I think over 500 price tag

Honestly, I've had good results with my Wagner HPLV conversion gun over the years and considering I paid about $130 for it, that was a pretty good deal. I suspect that if I were a lot more active in the shop, I'd want to upgrade, however.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Carroll Courtney View Post
    Another ideal which I have never tried but research it is SW's sells a Graco Pro Fine Finish sprayer in electrical and battery which the painting trade uses to paint doors and trim.Watching the Youtubes it looks pretty good but has I think over 500 price tag
    Here is a review by Michael Dresdner of a Graco electric HVLP sprayer and others like it:

http://www.woodworkersjournal.com/ha...y-gun-reviews/

Thanks for posting Curt that is a good review of he guns.If I ever buy myself another gun it will be one of these-----Carroll

I have an Earlex 5500 and love it, for larger jobs and for spraying most waterborne finishes. For everything else, actually most things, I use this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's not HVLP, but it works great. Not to mention, at less than $35, it's quite inexpensive. It is particularly great for spraying shellac! No, it doesn't hold a lot of finish, but the gravity feed design means it is quick & easy to refill. And, for most of the things I use it for, it holds plenty for one coat.

Small Sprayer.jpg
    "I've cut the dang thing three times and it's STILL too darn short"
    Name withheld to protect the guilty

Stew Hagerty