I will be retiring in January and we have decided to get a motorhome and take a tour of the good Ol' USA via all the major league baseball parks. We decided to get a motorhome mainly due to wanting to use the coach while moving down the road. There are other reasons, but that is the main one. At this point I am planning on selling it after the tour, but if we learn that we really like RVing, we may keep it. I know absolutely nothing about RVing and any advice from the more experienced RVers would be greatly appreciated. I do have a book on order that I think will help, but I will be needing more help to get up to speed on the subject.
My first task will be to pick out the perfect coach. The Thor Axis 25.2 seems to push all our buttons. https://thormotorcoach.com/axis/

So my first question for you RV veterans is: What is your impression of Thor motorhomes in general? How does it compare to the other manufactures, like Winnebago, Forest River, etc.. Are they the Harbor Freight of the industry? or are they more like Festool? Somewhere in between? Also, if anyone actually owns one, I would be very interested in hearing from you. We are going to look at one this weekend, probably won't pull the trigger just yet. I want to wait till after Jan to purchase as I will be paying cash and will take a bigger tax hit if I do it this year.

I will be having lots more questions, but let's start with this one.