Thread: Rikon green looks just like Harbor Freight green - coincidence?

Rikon green looks just like Harbor Freight green - coincidence?

A silly one that I meant to post earlier. The other night, I parked my new-to-me Central Macinery lathe right next to my 3 year old Rikon bandsaw. Oddly enough, the colors are so close it's hard to distinguish them.

Made me wonder if Rikon might have adopted that (new) pretty blue color to deliberately put some distance between itself and Harbor Freight.

Fred
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

West Central Alberta, East of the Rockies - West of the Rest
    It's a conspiracy, they did this on purpose
    Honestly I have no clue, maybe the ones that didn't pass QC ended up at ...

Quote Originally Posted by Frederick Skelly View Post
    A silly one that I meant to post earlier. The other night, I parked my new-to-me Central Macinery lathe right next to my 3 year old Rikon bandsaw. Oddly enough, the colors are so close it's hard to distinguish them.

Made me wonder if Rikon might have adopted that (new) pretty blue color to deliberately put some distance between itself and Harbor Freight.

Fred
    My Rikon - an early 10-325 isn't that close in color to Harbor Freight; the HF green has a darker olive tint to it, at least to my eyes. I wonder if the switch to blue had more to do with Grizzly. Or maybe Harbor Freight/Central Machinery uses whatever green paint is cheap that week. I also wonder if HF stuff are machines rejected by Grizzly/Jet/Powermatic/whoever but are not bad enough to remelt.