Thread: RolAir JC10 compressor problem

RolAir JC10 compressor problem

My JC10 just developed a problem. The air bypass that happens for 6-7 seconds on startup isn't closing so the tank never fills up. The manual says this problem might originate in the switch box.

Just wondering if anyone here has encountered this problem and what the solution was.

Do you hear a continuous hissing sound?
    The most likely suspect in my opinion is the one way check valve,that's what went wrong with mine which exhibited the same symptom(tank never fills,air leak ),of course it could very well be the pressure switch but I would first look at the check valve.
    Youtube has a few videos on how to test the check valve,here's one I liked the best:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pduPuJ9k9Bw

This link was quite helpful also:
    http://www.about-air-compressors.com...ompressor.html

Not the check valve. These RolAir compressors direct the air outside during the first few seconds of startup so the motor can run freely before it is put under load. What's happening is that process isn't shutting off. There is a solenoid that is supposed to trip. But the manual says the problem may lie in the switch setup which I guess would send that signal to the solenoid.

I guess I'll have to take it in to be serviced tomorrow.

Oh THAT check valve!

I thought the safety relief valve was the check valve. Before taking it in to the dealer this morning I re-read your reply, checked the schematic, unscrewed the tip of the check valve, poked it with a pen, screwed it back on and everything worked!

Thank you Ken!