Thread: MM16 On Wheels?

MM16 On Wheels?

Anyone here have their MM16 on castors? I need to be able to move my MM16 around in my garage shop. I'm wondering what kind of castors you all are using and how you are mounting them? Thanks for the help.

If your floor is flat enough I really like the mobility system from MM that uses a Johnson bar that way the saw sits on its normal feet and as stable as it was designed to be. Next up I prefer machine leveling casters but they add a little height and aren't as quick to raise and lower if you move the machine a lot.
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

Last edited by Bruce Page; 10-15-2016 at 8:30 PM. Reason: Fixed link
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

I have the normal mobility kit that came on/with my MM16 and that works out well for me because I don't want wheels on the floor when using the saw for stability.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I have the mobility kit on my MM16 and never had a problem moving the saw around the garage and over the expansion joints in the concrete.

On the MM16 and MM20, I prefer the factory mobility kit because you can level it once it's on the floor. On the MM24, I prefer Zambus. It's pretty much impossible for any mere mortal person to move an MM24 with the factory mobility kit and also, you really just want a machine that size in place, and don't mess with it. Just my 2-cents.

Erik

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Loza View Post
    On the MM24, I prefer Zambus. It's pretty much impossible for any mere mortal person to move an MM24 with the factory mobility kit and also, you really just want a machine that size in place, and don't mess with it. Just my 2-cents.

Erik
    I must reluctantly agree Erik .. Although my 24" ACM isn't quite as tall as the MM24,it still rocks a bit .
    Maybe my quite stout shop made base is deflecting ...maybe i need some cushioning material under the saw too ? .

It took me an unexpected lengthy time to level my saw...since then I've half made a plumb bob for the job .
    Although plumed now it seems there could be more adjustments ...
    Those bases you buy look a lot more flimsy to me now .
    Thanks
    Last edited by Jim Becker; 10-17-2016 at 1:39 PM. Reason: fixed quote tagging

Anyone have a pic of the underside of an MM16 base?

I have the factory mobility kit, like what Jim said, this is better for the stability of the saw.