Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How much to charge?

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Bateson View Post
    I'm currently working on an order of 350 Yeti cups. Simple logos. It "looked" to be a slow month, so I lowered my normal rate to $9/ea for these (still over $100/hr). Once you're properly setup for a job like this, it's quick easy money. Note: I said "looked" - This has turned into one of those months where I've had to turn customers away again.
    Are you doing those on your fiber?
    Martin Boekers

1 - Epilog Radius 25watt laser 1998
    1 - Epilog Legend EXT36 75watt laser 2005
    1 - Epilog Legend EXT36 75watt laser 2007
    1 - Epilog Fusion M2 32 120watt laser with camera 2015
    2 - Geo Knight K20S 16x20 Heat Press
    Geo Knight K Mug Press,
    Ricoh GX-7000 Dye Sub Printer
    Zerox Phaser 6360 Laser Printer
    numerous other tools and implements
    of distruction/distraction!

Not a chance, too damn slow. I can't make money on a Fiber lasered mug at 10 minutes per.
    Tim
    There are Big Brain people & Small Brain people. I'm one of the Big Brains - with a lot of empty space.- me
    50W Fiber - Raycus/MaxPhotonics - It's a metal eating beast!
    Epilog Fusion M2 50/30 Co2/Fiber - 2015
    Epilog Mini 24 – 35watt - 2006 (Original Tube)
    Ricoh SG3110DN
    - Liberty Laser LLC

Prices in St. Louis are lower than you guys are talking about. The customers who call me are businesses who want to give yeti's, etc. as gifts, not to resell. They inquire about 20 to 400. I bid $8 each on the 400 and was told they already had a $4 bid. I congratulated them on finding such a good price. I am now at $10 for several up to 30 then $9 up to 60 and $8 for 60 to 100. For more than 100 I might go as low as $6 depending on the specs.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Quote Originally Posted by John Lifer View Post
    Well, in my opinion, you are low. Way low. $15 is cheapest rtic will sell individual mug. Even the Chinese knockoff are $12 each. You can buy quantity cheaper, but base on what they can buy.... $20 for your work is cheap. If you look at other sites, most are getting $35 for pc or engraving. Even in quantities, you need to get more. In my opinion, $30 each to engrave. Lid comes with them.... Facebook has a group that is decorating these and more info there. Don't sell yourself and us short. Keep price up as long as you can.... Oh the yeti engraved with initials, one side or team logo is $59. From yeti. $10 more for two sides.

JDS sells their knockoff Polar Camel for $7.25ea AP Case price in silver of black (laserable for the black).

They are now starting to show up in other markets well cheaper than at even Walmart.
    Martin Boekers

1 - Epilog Radius 25watt laser 1998
    1 - Epilog Legend EXT36 75watt laser 2005
    1 - Epilog Legend EXT36 75watt laser 2007
    1 - Epilog Fusion M2 32 120watt laser with camera 2015
    2 - Geo Knight K20S 16x20 Heat Press
    Geo Knight K Mug Press,
    Ricoh GX-7000 Dye Sub Printer
    Zerox Phaser 6360 Laser Printer
    numerous other tools and implements
    of distruction/distraction!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Null View Post
    Prices in St. Louis are lower than you guys are talking about. The customers who call me are businesses who want to give yeti's, etc. as gifts, not to resell. They inquire about 20 to 400. I bid $8 each on the 400 and was told they already had a $4 bid. I congratulated them on finding such a good price. I am now at $10 for several up to 30 then $9 up to 60 and $8 for 60 to 100. For more than 100 I might go as low as $6 depending on the specs.
    My pricing is nearly identical to yours

I remember a year or so ago a restaurant was asking me about supplying and engraving mugs for them. They had a specific brand and style of mug they wanted. I forget the name (online place) but they sold the mugs as cheap as anyone else, and they would laser etch 100 or more for less than $4 each. Doing the buying and meeting that price was just too time consuming for the net profit. I just told the restaurant manager he should deal with them direct...
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Bateson View Post
    I'm currently working on an order of 350 Yeti cups. Simple logos. It "looked" to be a slow month, so I lowered my normal rate to $9/ea for these (still over $100/hr). Once you're properly setup for a job like this, it's quick easy money. Note: I said "looked" - This has turned into one of those months where I've had to turn customers away again.
    Tim,

What would of been your usual rate for the 350 qty?

-John
    Last edited by John Kleiber; 10-24-2016 at 2:00 PM.
    Red Bolt Laser Engraving
    Houston, Texas

I just did 60 RTIC cups with cermark for $10/cup.
    I don't think I did to bad.
    Each cup took 4:30min. I would coat a few and get the laser started. After that I had 4:30min at a time to get more coated or wash cups that I had already marked.

I averaged about 12 cups an hour.
    Last edited by Jeff Body; 10-24-2016 at 12:46 PM.
    Jeff Body
    Go-C Graphics

China 50W Laser
    Model # SH-350
    Controller RDC6442
    Vinyl Plotter Graphtec CE600-60
    Software used
    Inkscape, FlexiStarter, VinylMaster 4, RDWorksV8

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Body View Post
    I just did 60 RTIC cups with cermark for $10/cup.
    I don't think I did to bad.
    Each cup took 4:30min. I would coat a few and get the laser started. After that I had 4:30min at a time to get more coated or wash cups that I had already marked.

I averaged about 12 cups an hour.
    Did that price include the cup & lid? I hope it didn't.
    Equipment: IS400, IS6000, VLS 6.60, LS100, HP4550, Ricoh GX e3300n, Hotronix STX20
    Software: Adobe Suite & Gravostyle 5
    Business: Trophy, Awards and Engraving

Quote Originally Posted by Ross Moshinsky View Post
    Did that price include the cup & lid? I hope it didn't.
    No it did not.
    He ordered the cups and dropped them off.
    Jeff Body
    Go-C Graphics

China 50W Laser
    Model # SH-350
    Controller RDC6442
    Vinyl Plotter Graphtec CE600-60
    Software used
    Inkscape, FlexiStarter, VinylMaster 4, RDWorksV8