Thread: Some of my work

Some of my work

After critiquing Andrews work in canada thought i would share some of my builds.Plus its always fun to see others woodwork.
    So unlike some guys i don't like to meet my customers.I do because i have to.I also try not to give them any home work to do.
    Most of the work i get is referall and i really don't think most non woodworker people have a good sense of wood.
    So once i get a idea i offer it up and thats it.
    This year has been slow for commissions but thats ok because i really haven't been feeling very well.
    I think its far to say i am a amateur i really do it for the love of wood.
    And if the woodshop makes buck or two for a new saw blade thats great.
    I make tables and furniture in the range of 800$ to 5000.
    If i were any good a photography i would have more pics.Bummer

Aj
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Looks Great......
    Army Veteran 1968 - 1970
    I Support the Second Amendment of the US Constitution

Nice pieces! I like the pinned (drawn?) breadboard ends and bead detail on the apron of the second table.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Hughes View Post
    After critiquing Andrews work in canada thought i would share some of my builds.Plus its always fun to see others woodwork.
    So unlike some guys i don't like to meet my customers.I do because i have to.I also try not to give them any home work to do.
    Most of the work i get is referall and i really don't think most non woodworker people have a good sense of wood.
    So once i get a idea i offer it up and thats it.
    This year has been slow for commissions but thats ok because i really haven't been feeling very well.
    I think its far to say i am a amateur i really do it for the love of wood.
    And if the woodshop makes buck or two for a new saw blade thats great.
    I make tables and furniture in the range of 800$ to 5000.
    If i were any good a photography i would have more pics.Bummer

Aj

The pieces look very nice - thats what I call honest woodwork

Are you doing mainly hand work, or machine work or both? Reason I ask is you mentioned in your white oak box thread that you dislike sanding.

The table and benches has some interesting edge texture/detail. All hand work I presume?

I like that style, as does my wife. Not to much embellishment, nice straight lines and some subtle details. Traditional quality woodworking.
    Andrew J. Coholic

Yes I use machines and finish with hand planes, chisels,Scrapers,files.If I do any sanding I use fans to keep the dust away.
    I just can't take anymore dust in my sniffer.
    Thanks for the comment.
    Aj

Andrew-

Thanks for this post.

I particularly like the matched panels on the credenza.

How, may I ask, do you do the endgrain treatment on the bench and table in pic 3?

Hi Prashun,I use a gouge one of the two in the middle of the pic.I make a slicing scooping cut and keep them sharp with my Tormek.
    The book match panels on the Alder cab are Cedar of Lebanon.A really nice wood to work.It also give the inside of any thing a wonderful smell.
    Thanks for you interest.It makes me happy.
    Aj
    Attached Images Attached Images

Good looking work AJ! The maple table really resonated with me.
    Fred
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”