Thread: 1940's mass production?

1940's mass production?

Hi,
    a friend asked me to make a Ouija board "planchette" for her(the part that slides around on a board), similar to the old 1940's ones- it was pretty easy, just some plywood and the CNC router- but while I was looking at how these things looked I noticed the old ones were made out of hardboard and were churned out- and this was back in the 1940's- how was such a thing possible without todays modern tech? Did they have an army of men accurately trying to saw away all day?

Just curious about this because I cant even imagine.

Thanks,
    Mark.

why not ask the board?
    "Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves"-Albert Einstein

We were mass producing all kinds of stuff in the 40's. Think WWII effort. Board games don't compare with the complexity of war machines. Perhaps if the item dated back to the 1840's...

Mark, there was plenty of automated mass production going on long before computers came on the scene. Google "1940 factory" in Google Image and you will see factories churning out everything from bedroom furniture to Sherman tanks.

BTW, welcome to the Creek.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Coons View Post
    why not ask the board?
    Dale ,that was so good I'm sure some are wondering if you started the thread with an alias !!