Thread: On the spin

On the spin

Art within the bowl. Maple 16" Not recommending that others should do likewise. Could result in a catch.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    C&C WELCOME

Very pretty. It looks great!
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Allan, that is a nice pattern and similar to some of the effects used by Doug Fisher. I have adapted similar patterns into some offset Fisher style platters with various texturing applications in the center. If this is still on the chuck, I would make the center a dome and use it for some focal point embellishment.

Also, with proper tool technique I doubt there is an increased risk of a catch. Looks straightforward to me.

Very nice Allan! I would have to agree with John on making the center a dome so as not to make it such a harsh focal point. Thats some very nice work.
    I may not have it all together, but together we have it all.

IIt all comes out as I finish the bowl.
    C&C WELCOME

I have to agree with John...I don't see any reason there would be the increased chance of a catch here compared to any other turning..

Very nice Allan. Interesting piece.