Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Incra Miter Gauges

Tim, Love mine, but was frustrated with angle cuts until applying sandpaper to the face of the fence. Also, I need to make some adjustments to get the fence 90 degrees vertical (relative to the table, not relative to the blade). Check that. Enjoy.

Oh yeah, by any chance, do you own a SawStop? If you do, beware of the aluminum fence contacting the blade. When you bevel or change the miter setting the distance of the end of the fence alters relative to the blade. I fired my brake twice...

I recommend making an auxiliary fence. The flip stop still extends far enough over the aux fence to work. If you extend your auxiliary fence far enough over the edge of the aluminum base fence, then you'll never have to slide it even if you change the bevel/miter angles.

Does anyone use the Incra Miter Sled with their Miter Guage?

Quote Originally Posted by Prashun Patel View Post
    Oh yeah, by any chance, do you own a SawStop? If you do, beware of the aluminum fence contacting the blade. When you bevel or change the miter setting the distance of the end of the fence alters relative to the blade. I fired my brake twice...

I recommend making an auxiliary fence. The flip stop still extends far enough over the aux fence to work. If you extend your auxiliary fence far enough over the edge of the aluminum base fence, then you'll never have to slide it even if you change the bevel/miter angles.
    No saw stop here. I plan on making an aux fence for my miter guage

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Bridge View Post
    Is there any problem with the smaller teeth on the HD?
    Only when the Shop Puppy knocks it off a precarious setting where it was placed for "just a second".

Late to the party but I've been very satisfied with the HD. I don't use the 1° increments very often at all but there's a part of my brain that likes knowing they're available when needed. The teeth are fine but well machined and durable. I haven't had a lick of a problem with them. But as Prashtun related, I also have a couple of partial 45° cuts in mine. Oops. At least I didn't have a brake to fire.
    Brett
    Peters Creek, Alaska

Man is a tool-using animal. Nowhere do you find him without tools; without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all. — Thomas Carlyle (1795-1881)

I have the miter express with the 1000hd. I love the combo.

I have both the 1000se and the mitersled 5000. Somone mentioned the 1000se has detents at 5 degress. That is true but you can lock by the degree just not a detent. Thats not a problem. You also have a .5 degree verier scale that allows precision down to the .5 degree. Best investment I ever made. I use it for the small stuff and the sled for panels and longer items.

I've yet to buy an incra producte that is not a well made machine. I have the LS120 positioner on my router table. Fantastic!

These joints were made with a 1000se and miter express.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Bridge View Post
    Does anyone use the Incra Miter Sled with their Miter Guage?
    I have the Incra Miter Express and use my Incra miter gauge with it
    George

Making sawdust regularly, occasionally a project is completed.