Thread: Thunderlaser fired right up after a year of downtime

Thunderlaser fired right up after a year of downtime

I was injured a while back (still am) and haven't even looked at the laser in about a year. I finally got to the point of getting out to the shop to check on things. I didn't quite know what to expect. I looked at the water lines and the tube and all looked good. Didn't have any mold or fungus. I attribute that to the antifreeze. I turned on the chiller and got it to start circulating the water. I turned on the Thunderlaser and went into boot mode. It went to the last origin point that it was set to and then silently waited for me. I loaded an old file and through in some scrap wood. Turned on the compressor and the exhaust and crossed my fingers. I hit the run button and was pleasantly surprised to see it start rastering away. Once it got done it went into cut mode and cut out the piece.

I don't know if it was because I left the water in the tube, or if was the antifreeze, or just pure luck, but the 130 watt tube seems to be as good as ever. I thought for sure that storing it for that long would have ruined it.

Gozzie
    Thunder Laser MARS 90 (130 watt)
    RD Works V8
    1 Phillips Screwdriver
    1 Straight Edge
    1 Hammer
    1 Dull Chisel
    1 Pencil Sharpener (manually operated)

Sorry to hear about the injury, but glad your laser is still working. A year of just sitting? That's impressive.
    Longtai 460 with 100 watt EFR, mostly for fun. More power is good!! And a shop with enough wood working tools to make a lot of sawdust. Ex-owner of Shenhui 460-80 and engraving business with 45 watt Epilog Mini18.