Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grizzly GO1023RL

Grizzly GO1023RL

Well I stepped up and ordered a GO1023RL last night. OMG what have I done lol. I have been wanting to get a bigger table saw with more HP and better than my old craftsman cabinet hybrid. Tired of having problems cutting really hard woods and 8/4 10/4 and 12/4 wood. Even with my new Forest II blades and all my freud and diablo`s. Can`t wait to get her here and setup. I have been saving up for a while and thanks to a fellow creeker that gave me a 10% coupon " Thanks Dan" I ordered an excalibur cast iron router table to go with it. I`m Excited! This is going to be nice.

Now I have to get to work making an outfeed table and making a new mobile base for it. Hmm spec sheet here I come.
    I may not have it all together, but together we have it all.

Congrats. I love mine. No pics, didn't happen so post them when you get them.

Well sure he could post catalog pic.

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains
    Congrats. I went from a Craftsman contractor to a cabinet saw. There's was a world of difference between the two.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Your Welcome, Dok.
    I hope to use it one of these years.
    I will put a plug for WJ which seems to send it every year. Makes the subscription worth it along with their Rockler Coupons. Now though they give the entire archive available on line with it.
    Remember the Pictures.
    Dan
    Last edited by Dan Rude; 10-29-2016 at 4:24 PM. Reason: SP

I`ll post pictures when she gets here!

Just got the UPS freight delivery notice. It will be here Thursday! Thats fast.

Is this the saw?
    http://www.grizzly.com/products/G1023RL

Just asking because I cant find a model GO1023RL.

Jumping up to a cabinet saw made a big difference in my woodworking,
    Sure you will love the new saw.
    "Remember back in the day, when things were made by hand, and people took pride in their work?"
    - Rick Dale

Blog Entries
    I went directly from a Monkey Wards RAS to a G1023 15 years ago and never looked back. What a difference! You are gong to love yours. Tricked mine out with a 3" Shark Guard, 52" HTC rails and fence (no longer available) and custom drop outfeed table and an extension table on a mono-pod leg. Still using an Oldham Wood Wizard I picked up at a WW show, added Freud rip and cross cut blades as well as a Dial-A-Dado when I need them. And a Delta tenoning jig.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Ole Anderson; 11-02-2016 at 12:58 PM.
    NOW you tell me...

Yes that`s the saw and she`s here! Just got it unloaded off the semi before the rainstorm and wind started,Whew. I am already building an out feed table for it and I ordered an Excalibur router table extension for it that got here today as well. So more pic`s to follow after setup.

TABLESAW 009.jpgTABLESAW 011.jpg

Great to see it is finally here. Now if I only had time to run my 240v this weekend? Repeat, do not stop at this part. I am speaking from experience. (my SS is siting and waiting on me for this part. Again Congrats. Dan

Dan I already have a 220v run to a 50amp breaker and split to 2 115V outlets and 2 220V outlets.

Blog Entries
    You are running 120 v receptacles off a 50 amp breaker??? Those and your 3 hp saw should be on 20 amp breakers.
    NOW you tell me...

Quote Originally Posted by Ole Anderson View Post
    I went directly from a Monkey Wards RAS to a G1023 15 years ago and never looked back. What a difference! You are gong to love yours. Tricked mine out with a 3" Shark Guard, 52" HTC rails and fence (no longer available) and custom drop outfeed table and an extension table on a mono-pod leg. Still using an Oldham Wood Wizard I picked up at a WW show, added Freud rip and cross cut blades as well as a Dial-A-Dado when I need them. And a Delta tenoning jig.

Ole,
    What kind of zero clearance insert are you using? It looks like a nice one. Have a source for it?
    Frankie

I have a great Border Collie, she just can't hold her licker!

I love the 1023RL I got just a couple of months ago!

Assembling it was easy, I just had one problem with the left wing where it is slightly lifted in the front (high enough to catch your finger nail on) but it was perfectly even in the back. I went back and forth trying to fix this but it always ended up being off either in the front or back.

I may have played with it to much because I think the threads for the bolt in the front might be close to being stripped. The bolt never seemed to tighten fully anymore (just spun). It is still plenty tight enough and holding but when I noticed it spinning then I stopped trying to adjust that wing anymore. It is plenty close enough to being level that it will not play a factor with any piece I am cutting on the saw.