Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Templates for JDS Multi-Router

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Beckett View Post
    I have a wirth and a woodrat. Agree that the DRO is a useful addition. But templates can be easier and quicker for repeat work.

I have been printing templates with a 3D printer. You can get any size/shape you want that way...even curves. And can tweak in whatever adjustments you want. I believe the pantorouter may taper the template guide surface to allow fine adjustment by moving the stylus path. I have not tried that, seems twitchy to me - a layer of painters tape usually does the trick.
    The pantorouter does taper the templates and it works well. Once you like the fit, a stop collar is used so the setup is repeatable.

There was a fella in AU that made a pretty comprehensive aftermarket set but can’t remember his name, i do follow him on Instagram and I think he follows me so i will see if I can figure it out and report back.

I believe the Pantorouter ratio from template to workpiece is 2:1. Does anyone know if the multi router ratio is 1:1?
    Last edited by Richard Link; 04-20-2022 at 9:30 AM. Reason: Typo

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Link View Post
    I believe the Pantorouter ratio from template to workpiece is 2:1. Does anyone know if the multi router ratio is 1:1?
    There are no linkages or pivots on the Multi-Router, it is definitely 1:1

I have a pneumatic MR and a box of all the patterns. I've never used them. Only used it a hand full of times. If I ever have time I'm going to figure out how it all works.