Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is There A Best..............

Thanks again guys. JimE

I had the cheap Arrow (maybe it was a Stanley) gun and it just didn't work fast enough or put out the volume I needed. I gave it to my daughter for crafts. I bought the DeWalt, which works well, but doesn't seem to get hot enough. I still use it for things that need to be removable, such as blocking for solid surface countertop buildups.

I invested in a PamTite gun for heavy duty use. It has adjustable temperature and volume controls. It also has numerous styles and types of replaceable tips for various applications. https://www.amazon.com/Glue-Gun-PamT.../dp/B00AOB7VXY

I buy standard sticks in bulk on Amazon for cheap and they work well with the high heat that this gun puts out. I use it for gluing molds and forms for concrete countertops and sinks. The molds have to be really strong and rigid but also able to be disassembled without damaging the freshly set concrete. The cheap guns didn't put out enough glue fast enough to be able to use it for this application.

I bought some of the PamTite glue sticks for gluing carpet tack strips to concrete. It works and holds better than nails.
    - Mike