Thread: Molly Winton Influence

Molly Winton Influence

Been busy lately so I haven't had the opportunity to post much lately. However, about the middle of last month, my wife and I had the opportunity to do a one day hands on workshop with Molly Winton. (My wife also got to see her one day demo.). She came to Springfield, MO thanks the Springfield, MO AAW club. I had been thinking of trying my hand at some pyrography and this forced me to have to buy another toy, I mean tool. The work was very informative and well worth the time and money spent for the workshop and for the Burnmaster Wood Burner. I have attached my first efforts at pyrography embellishment. The first one is a piece of spalted sycamore the I did a basket weave on the lip/rim of a small dish (6"W x 1 1/2"H). The second piece is another medium sized dish that I did a basket weave on both the top and underside of the lip/rim (7 1/2"W x 1 5/8"H). The third picture is a trio of the mini hollow forms. The were all turned from a piece of spalted maple. The largest one is 2 1/2"W x 4"H. I call them "A Sleuth of Bears." C&C welcomed
    WT1475.jpg WT1479.jpg A Sleuth of Bears.jpg
    Last edited by Steve Doerr; 11-03-2016 at 8:06 PM.

Very interesting!! great job!

Looks like you learned well Steve. I like the first pic with the spalt lines the best.
    Member Turners Anonymous Pittsburgh, PA

Really like them all. Keep on burning. Enjoy Jody the look
    Member Illiana Woodturners

Very nice work, I like the vases.

Thanks everyone for the comments. I plan on doing some more pyrography embellishments in the near future.

She's a great teacher. I took a hands on class from her a few years ago and learned a lot. Looks like you did too.