Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Moving a Delta 28-350 bandsaw?

When i bought my used Minimax 16,I rented the smallest Uhaul truck with a ramp.I strapped the saw to a hand cart and wheeled it up the ramp.

Central New Jersey, from where you can drive anywhere!
    Do not take off the wheels. They do not weigh enough to make any difference. Do remove the table. The trunions can be damaged by banging the table or even by a bad bump in the road if the table is still attached. Three strong guys can, with care, planning and communication tip it into the back of your truck.
    I have done some with two of these saws.
    Last edited by Bruce Whitaker; 11-06-2016 at 8:00 PM. Reason: Bloddy tablet

When I bought my 28-350, I was very lucky that the seller fork lifted it into my truck and I was able to get a forklift to unload at the storage place. When we moved finally into our new house I rented a U-haul trailer that was sort of designed for motorcycles, it was fairly low and had a good sized ramp. It wasn't the safest thing I have ever done, but I "walked" into the trailer and then off by myself. Definitly take the table off. Regardless of how you move it, you will have to walk it through a standard height door. It will fit with less than 1 inch clearance.