Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Name Badge Frames

Name Badge Frames

Hi friends (I haven't met yet)
    I hope this does not contravene any of the rules. I think I have checked them carefully enough.
    I had a customer of mine send me the attached image with name badge frames asking if I could source them
    as they would like them for their organization badges. I have made quite a search and can't find anything like it.
    If anyone knows where I can purchase the frames, I would greatly appreciate the input.
    Thanksname badge frames.jpg
    ULS Laser Engraver
    Sublimation Equipment
    Roland EGX 20 somewhere in storage

I assume you asked the customer where the image came from. What Web site? Really would help in the search. Not one I have every run across.

Mark
    In the Great Northwest!

Trotec Speedy C25, Newing-Hall 350 (AMC I & HPGL), NH-CG-30 (Carbide Cutter Sharpener)
    Sawgrass 400 Gel Ink Printer, CS5, 5/9/x6 CorelDraw

JDS has plastic frames to be used with laminated plastic. Check with their catalog for sizes/shapes.

Jeff in northern Wisconsin
    SawmillCreek.org
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    45W Epilog Helix
    Corel X4, Photoshop CS3
    Sherline 4400 lathe
    JET 1221 Lathe
    JET 1014 Lathe
    Craftman 36" VS lathe

Try Tim Quinn from Celtic Awards. He specializes in metal badges. Owns a rabbit laser too. usasportsmedals dot com.
    john.blazy_dichrolam_llc
    Delta Unisaw, Rabbit QX-80-1290 80W Laser, 5 x 12 ft laminating ovens, Powermax 22/44, Accuspray guns, Covington diamond lap and the usual assortment of cool toys / tools.

Did you folks even look at the attached photo he provided???
    Mark
    In the Great Northwest!

Trotec Speedy C25, Newing-Hall 350 (AMC I & HPGL), NH-CG-30 (Carbide Cutter Sharpener)
    Sawgrass 400 Gel Ink Printer, CS5, 5/9/x6 CorelDraw

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Sipes View Post
    Did you folks even look at the attached photo he provided???
    Yes, that is why Tim could do the job. He forges and casts his own metal to custom shapes - been at his shop. But if he OP is looking for similar but not exact, there are options.

What do you mean by looking at the attached photo?
    john.blazy_dichrolam_llc
    Delta Unisaw, Rabbit QX-80-1290 80W Laser, 5 x 12 ft laminating ovens, Powermax 22/44, Accuspray guns, Covington diamond lap and the usual assortment of cool toys / tools.

Burlane has jeweled frames but not identical. http://www.bur-lane.com/jeweled-badge-frames
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Hi all
    Thanks for your contributions.
    The pictures were sent to me by a customer here in Canada who for some reason doesn't want to reveal where he got them. I think it may be a name badge engraving company
    somewhere in the U.S. South East. Only say that because of where the customer is.
    I am sure the manufacturer of the frames does not just make them for one company, I hope.
    I will continue on my quest and if successful will post it here so that others can benefit.
    Thanks
    Hal
    ULS Laser Engraver
    Sublimation Equipment

So he is looking for a cheaper source and would rather you waste you time looking than his?
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

took me all of 3 seconds to find them with a google search
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Bert,

So, who is the manufacturer?........name please.
    Trotec Speedy 300 - 60w, with Quatro CSA-626 fume extraction
    Xenetech 1625 x2,
    New Hermes TX pantograph, CG4 cutter grinder
    Brady Globalmark2 label printer,
    Assortment of custom tooling , shears & punches, heat bender.
    Software: Xenetech XOT, Corel X3, Bartender label software

To Bill George - I can assure you I have spent a considerable amount of time trying to find a source for these frames. I posted on here as a last resort because I was having no luck in my searches. I used Google, I went through the entire Engravers Journal list of suppliers. I asked around. My intent was not to waste anyone else's time as you insinuate - but a call for help.

To Bert Kemp - I'm glad you claim you were able to find them in a 3 second Google search - I sure couldn't - maybe I used the wrong search parameters. I don't know.

to both of you - I thought this site was one where we could come for help from fellow engravers. Obviously you two don't believe that is the case. And I thought Marines were better than that.
    ULS Laser Engraver
    Sublimation Equipment

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Welke View Post
    To Bill George - I can assure you I have spent a considerable amount of time trying to find a source for these frames. I posted on here as a last resort because I was having no luck in my searches. I used Google, I went through the entire Engravers Journal list of suppliers. I asked around. My intent was not to waste anyone else's time as you insinuate - but a call for help.
    I believe what Bill was saying was that your customer is wasting your time instead of looking his/herself, not that you were wasting our time. That's what I got out of it, anyways.
    4 - Q1 converted New Hermes C2000's
    Signature 8080 Plus
    Universal 50w X2-600
    Universal 60w X-660
    Epilog 60w Fusion 40
    50w 5070 China Special

Knock Marines and complain about answers great way to get help. See Brians reply. also see my signature

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Welke View Post

To Bert Kemp - I'm glad you claim you were able to find them in a 3 second Google search - I sure couldn't - maybe I used the wrong search parameters. I don't know.

to both of you - I thought this site was one where we could come for help from fellow engravers. Obviously you two don't believe that is the case. And I thought Marines were better than that.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Leavitt View Post
    I believe what Bill was saying was that your customer is wasting your time instead of looking his/herself, not that you were wasting our time. That's what I got out of it, anyways.
    Correct. Need to read what I said. Your Customer was Wasting Your Time.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10