Thread: Porter Cable 5516 omnijig

Porter Cable 5516 omnijig

Hi all,
    I have a chance to purchase a used Porter Cable 16" omnijig for $100. The only 2 pictures of it show what looks like variable spaced fingers attached to the jig, and a solid aluminum template on the table beside the jig. I assume that might be for box joints, but I can't be sure. Is this jig worth $100?
    Thank for your guidance.

Jim

The solid aluminum template is for half-blind dovetails and tapered sliding dovetails. If you need a dovetail jig and if the one you are looking at has all the parts and is fully functional, $100 sounds like a very good price. I have a 55160 myself and while I haven't used it in years and I'm not wanting to sell it, but if I were, I wouldn't let it go for $100. You can still download a PDF of the manual from the Porter Cable site if you want to explore what comes with it and what it is capable of before you buy.

I paid $75 for the 12" model. That was without the router bit. Which costed about $27 more. Both Rockler and Freud make the 7 degree dovetail degree bit. Dan

This is the 16" 55160 Omnijig shown with the template for half-blind dovetails and tapered sliding dovetails.
    Attached Images Attached Images