Thread: How To Mount Zambus Castors On MM16?

How To Mount Zambus Castors On MM16?

So I have an MM16 and want to use Zambus style castors on it. I read that those who used the Zambus castors, simply mounted them to the existing leveling screws on the saw base and the castor's top surface, is flush with the very bottom of the base. My saw base looks exactly the same as theirs, except, if I tried to mount the castors the way they did, the castors would sit inside the base. To visualize this, think of a shoebox lid and that's how the base is constructed, with no real bottom surface. So how did you do it? Here's the original thread I found... http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...-Uh-Huh-Uh-Huh

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Arita View Post
    So I have an MM16 and want to use Zambus style castors on it. I read that those who used the Zambus castors, simply mounted them to the existing leveling screws on the saw base and the castor's top surface, is flush with the very bottom of the base. My saw base looks exactly the same as theirs, except, if I tried to mount the castors the way they did, the castors would sit inside the base. To visualize this, think of a shoebox lid and that's how the base is constructed, with no real bottom surface. So how did you do it? Here's the original thread I found... http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...-Uh-Huh-Uh-Huh
    I just looked up under the four corners of my M20 and it has a metal plate at each corner whose surface is actually level with the lowest most edge of the bottom and it is that metal plate onto which the Zambus castors are mounted. Could it be that your MM16 bandsaw does not have those metal plates at each of the four corners? BTW, sorry my private email box was full and could not take your private message. I got a message from the SawMillCreek management informing me that you had unsuccessfully tried to send me a message.

Glad you saw that Jeff! Thanks for responding. You are right...I don't have those plates. It does however, have a something like that that extends from under side of the front edge to about 1 1/2" back, serving as a solid edge for the saw to sit on. I'd have to lay the saw down, drill holes in the bottom surface of that piece, then bolt to that. Lots of work, but if I have to, I have to.
    I saw another MM16 pic that showed a mounting, just like yours. That's why I thought I was missing something.