Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: So what are you looking for come Black Friday/Cyber Monday?

Quote Originally Posted by Van Huskey View Post
    The only Jet clamp sale thus far has been 20% off 12 and 24". I am waiting until cyber Monday to be sure but will be ordering some Besseys if no better sale on Jets. I prefer Jets with Jorgensons second and Bessey third but I have them all and they all work.

I am buying a bunch of NWS, Knipex and Wera handtools, only 10% off but even that is unusual. A couple of Bosch router kits and a 12v brushless drill and accessories using the 25 off 100 and a Dewalt 611 and a bunch of little stuff for the same 25 off 100, 6 total orders so $150 "saved". I got a stupid good deal replacing all my socket sets with a large Craftsman set (good enough for me so be quite Tool Truck snobs), socket racks and a bunch of accessories that cost a bundle bought one at a time. I used the pre-black Friday sales along with shopyouway points to save about $200 of the "real" normal price, I think I saved a couple of million dollars based on the inflated MSRP. I also 48 light duty 4/6/8" F-clamps from Peachtree for about $140 shipped, I never have enough of them and they were cheaper than HF prices.

Honestly, I haven't seen a deal good enough to buy something I didn't plan to buy, just saving a little here and there on things I have waited for now to buy. Well, there is the cool tapered dovetail box spline system from Infinity that I way buy but it is a pre-order price not technically a sale price.
    I agree there is nothing out there just jumping out at me. I've seen 35% on bessys from 24"-50" at highlandwoodworking.

Last year went from 0 to 30 on jet clamps... but looks like can't add to collection this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Hayward View Post
    Have never owned a cabinet saw. I have a decent table saw now that is about six years old but the lure of a good cabinet saw is too much for my weak will power. I am going to jump on a 3hp cabinet saw. Have been waiting a year for the Black Friday sales. I bought a good Powermatic bandsaw last year with the intention of having the money put aside for a cabinet saw this year.
    One of my neighbor have sawstop professional cabinet. I heard from him that this product price is little bit high but work great with him.

Blog Entries
    Kreg clamps.That's about it

Nothing as I always buy my tools when I need them.

So did you get a 12V system?
    (seemed like Makita's 18V sub-compact brushless is similar to their 12V in terms of size/weight)

Matt

I jumped on a 12" Bosch Glide SCMS from AcmeTools.com for $480 free shipping no tax using their "CYBERSTEAL" 20% off coupon code! Only one time use per customer though and can only be used on one item. It was that or a Fuji Mini-Mite 4, but I'm not quite ready to set up a spray area yet so an HVLP would have just sat in the box for a while.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success!

Amazon has many Yost vises on sale, quite a bit cheaper than usual. I have some of them and they are very useful to have in the woodshop.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DMDO9AE/r

https://www.amazon.com/Yost-Heavy-Du.../dp/B00CBL62HQ

All-Clad frying pan and a Big Moss putting green. Oh, woodworking related, nope, nothing. Everything I would want is more than I can spend.

Picked up a supermax drum sander from Acme Tools.

Amazon has Yost's relatively new line of parallel bar clamps priced pretty competitively as well.

https://www.amazon.com/Yost-K5012-In.../dp/B01EVXW5MM
    Last edited by Todd Davidson; 11-28-2016 at 8:20 PM.

Milwaukee or Bosch 12 Volt heated vest. Every time there is a sale they just jack up the price and/or they don't have my size (L)
    Gary

Sadly, I didn't get to click on Lee Valley's ad email this morning quick enough to be able to score anything I might have been interested in; particularly some "factory second" hand planes. They were all sold out early. Oh, well...
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...