Thread: What's what in hollowing systems.

What's what in hollowing systems.

Ok. So I've read alot and watched lots of videos. I want a good strong hollowing system for a 3520b, I don't care about the laser personally. I am favoring the monster. But can I get some serious contenders with the monster system. I wanna get the most I can for 5-600 bucks.

Come on guys. I really like the kobra system too. Any word on that

on the kobra
    save your pennies and be patient it could take along time to get one
    but it is a beast of a system. and also way more than the 5-6 hundred you are looking at with the monster

I talked to John at jt. I'm gonna get a gizmo. Are there any videos of them. I have read only good things.

Fantastic. If you do a search of the many hollowing posts, the Gizmo and the Cobra are the most consistent recommendations.
    Veni Vidi Vendi Vente! I came, I saw, I bought a large coffee!

Sam, I'll be very surprised if you don't love the Gizmo!
    Regards,

Glen

Woodworking: It's a joinery.

Clark Hollowing System built by Keith Clark is one heavy duty hollowing system. You can hollow big and small stuff. Take a look.

Update. Well alot happened since I started this thread. I was sold on the gizmo, but things fell though on there end. Then I decided to go w either the Carter, the monster, or Bosch system. Value wise, the monster really has alot of bang for your buck. So i was all set to order the monster, and just had a feeling I should revisit the Bosch system again. Well I talked to Trent and really liked what he was about. So I ended up with the full 3/4 stabilizer system with the complete carbide kit and HSS scraper kit. It came in the mail today, I tell you what, these tools are no joke. I couldn't get over the fit and finish as well as the heft of the system. I really think I made the right call now. Will start hollowing tmrw. And be sure to follow up. Sam

I'm happy to hear that you got a system and that you are happy with it. I'm saving pennies too so that someday I can get a system myself so I look forward to hearing how you like it after some hollowing work. I can't believe the prices on some of these systems!
    USMC '97-'01

Adam. I know it's costly. But wow. What a system this is. I'm am thrilled with it. You keep the natural hollowing action. But have the security of a rock solid articulating arm to back you. I just can't be happier. The 3/4" setup is just a beast. I also got the 1" adapter for mine. It's free so take advantage of that.

EXCELLENT choice Sam.
    I have the same system paired w a 1" bar as well. I would strongly recommend his "Visualizer" too.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Beagle View Post
    Adam. I know it's costly. But wow. What a system this is. I'm am thrilled with it. You keep the natural hollowing action. But have the security of a rock solid articulating arm to back you. I just can't be happier. The 3/4" setup is just a beast. I also got the 1" adapter for mine. It's free so take advantage of that.
    Sam - Went to Trent Bosch web site. Could not find anything about 1" adapter. Need some help on locating it. Thanks. - John

John. You would have had to order it beforehand. You still can. He would have to make you the one part again to accept the 1". This is only possibly done w the 3/4" I believe.