Thread: Corel Question

Corel Question

This is sort of baffling to me... I'm having color matching issue with dye sub. I downloaded a color chart from Conde.
    It was a bitmap in a Corel file. I checked the color with the eyedropper tool, it showed RGB. The chart was too large in size
    and I only needed about 25 squares. I figured the easy way to do it would be to select the section I wanted then power clip
    it into a square. When I did this it change everything to CMYK? I went to the edit mode and it went back to RGB? When I hit
    finish editing it turned back to CMYK? Any thoughts on this?

Thanks!
    Martin Boekers

1 - Epilog Radius 25watt laser 1998
    1 - Epilog Legend EXT36 75watt laser 2005
    1 - Epilog Legend EXT36 75watt laser 2007
    1 - Epilog Fusion M2 32 120watt laser with camera 2015
    2 - Geo Knight K20S 16x20 Heat Press
    Geo Knight K Mug Press,
    Ricoh GX-7000 Dye Sub Printer
    Zerox Phaser 6360 Laser Printer
    numerous other tools and implements
    of distruction/distraction!

More than likely your Corel is setup to default to CMYK instead of RGB. There are multiple places in Corel to set color defaults and I don't think I've ever found them all... Once in a while I'll find an object that is CMYK when everything else is RGB. What would be nice is if there was a single button to click that allowed you to select *EVERYTHING* either RGB or CMYK.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Hair View Post
    More than likely your Corel is setup to default to CMYK instead of RGB. There are multiple places in Corel to set color defaults and I don't think I've ever found them all... Once in a while I'll find an object that is CMYK when everything else is RGB. What would be nice is if there was a single button to click that allowed you to select *EVERYTHING* either RGB or CMYK.
    Yes I know... Every once in a while one pops up for a laser file and bingo, now I have a slight box around the bitmap....
    Martin Boekers

1 - Epilog Radius 25watt laser 1998
    1 - Epilog Legend EXT36 75watt laser 2005
    1 - Epilog Legend EXT36 75watt laser 2007
    1 - Epilog Fusion M2 32 120watt laser with camera 2015
    2 - Geo Knight K20S 16x20 Heat Press
    Geo Knight K Mug Press,
    Ricoh GX-7000 Dye Sub Printer
    Zerox Phaser 6360 Laser Printer
    numerous other tools and implements
    of distruction/distraction!