Thread: New machine arrived today!

New machine arrived today!

Some of you might remember me from a couple of years ago, I crowdfunded my first laser machine, a Speedy 100, with a specific product and had it installed in the box bedroom of my rented house. At the time I bought it, the salesman asked if I'd considered the Speedy 400 (the Speedy 100 was about £6k over budget, the 400 was laughably so). I rpelied "Maybe in a couple of years time, when I'm making my products under license as official merchandise...". It was an off the cuff remark.

Today, to celebrate two licensed product ranges and a rather promising looking merchandise deal with a world renowned motorsport team... I took delivery of my 400!

Looking forward to playing with this over the next few weeks, it's an ex Demo model with all the bells and whistles. (Well not all, it doesn't have that camera thingy that some of them have.)
    Last edited by Dan Kozakewycz; 12-01-2016 at 7:23 PM.
    Trotec Speed 400 120W | JobControl 10.6 | Atmos Duo | Adobe Illustrator CC | CorelDraw X8

OMG you could almost take a nap inside it!! Be sure and take the key with you if you do decide on a siesta.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

That sounds awesome! great work so what kind of products did you get licensed?

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Kozakewycz View Post
    Some of you might remember me from a couple of years ago, I crowdfunded my first laser machine, a Speedy 100, with a specific product and had it installed in the box bedroom of my rented house. At the time I bought it, the salesman asked if I'd considered the Speedy 400 (the Speedy 100 was about £6k over budget, the 400 was laughably so). I rpelied "Maybe in a couple of years time, when I'm making my products under license as official merchandise...". It was an off the cuff remark.

Today, to celebrate two licensed product ranges and a rather promising looking merchandise deal with a world renowned motorsport team... I took delivery of my 400!

Looking forward to playing with this over the next few weeks, it's an ex Demo model with all the bells and whistles. (Well not all, it doesn't have that camera thingy that some of them have.)

Blog Entries
    CONGRATS!! Woohoooooooo!
    900x600 80watt EFR Tube laser from Liaocheng Ray Fine Tech LTD. Also a 900x600 2.5kw spindle CNC from Ray Fine. And my main tool, a well used and loved Jet 1642 Woodlathe with an outboard toolrest that helps me work from 36 inch diameters down to reallllllly tiny stuff.

Automotive art engraved on anodised aluminium.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Mueller View Post
    That sounds awesome! great work so what kind of products did you get licensed?

Yes it's fairly big, almost looks like we could fit the whole Speedy 100 inside it!

Quote Originally Posted by Bill George View Post
    OMG you could almost take a nap inside it!! Be sure and take the key with you if you do decide on a siesta.

Good for you Dan! Congratulations!
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

If that's the one from the Bristol show room you may want to wipe it over with a cloth, I might have drooled all over it when I was looking at speedy 300s

That thing is a beast! Congrats!
    Trotec Speedy 300 - 80 watt
    Synrad 30 Watt - CO2 Galvo
    LaserStar 3804 - 50 watt fiber - SPI Source
    Tykma Minilase - 20 watt fiber - SPI Source - (MOPA)
    CorelDraw X7