Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where to get Makita tools besides Home Depot?

He needs to understand once the box goes on the truck it is the shippers fault, not Home Depot.

As mentioned, order for pick it up at the store is a good option. That way you can inspect and refuse receipt if it damaged.

I would have no hesitation buying from an online vendor, especially one like Amazon. Getting a heavily damaged package is the exception, not the rule.

As far as other vendors, I like the CPO outlets for most smaller tools. You might even be able to find a reconditioned model for a huge discount.
    Jon Endres
    Killing Trees Since 1983

Try the buy local service at:

https://www.makitatools.com/products/buy-local

Give them your zip code and they'll find you local dealers etc - with directions and ph numbers.

It sounds like the OP ended up with a returned item that had missing parts. Home Depot is really bad about this. I would bet that his return was placed directly onto the shelf for the next customer to be stuck with. Go to the store and inspect it before you buy it. Many previously returned items are obvious.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Woloshyn View Post
    My early Christmas present arrived today that was bought online from Home Depot and shipped to my house. A Makita LS1016L 10" sliding miter saw. The box was a disaster, and once I opened it I found the tool bag open with parts scattered everywhere, damage to the back end guides because they popped out of the box during shipping, and no blade in sight. Tool was immediately returned to my local Home Depot. And here's the best part - the return cashier didn't bother inspecting the box, or caring about the damage, she just asked for order number and issued a refund. Seems the problem with Home Depot is they just don't care..

I want this saw, but can't seem to find it local. And I'm hesitant to order online through a place like Amazon.
    I have ordered a couple items from Home Depot, and their packaging is always horrible. I don't think they ever intended to be a mail-order type of business, but have to try to be competitive with Amazon, etc. They certainly don't seem to have provided the instructions or materials to their employees to ship things properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Woloshyn View Post
    My early Christmas present arrived today that was bought online from Home Depot and shipped to my house. A Makita LS1016L 10" sliding miter saw. The box was a disaster, and once I opened it I found the tool bag open with parts scattered everywhere, damage to the back end guides because they popped out of the box during shipping, and no blade in sight. Tool was immediately returned to my local Home Depot. And here's the best part - the return cashier didn't bother inspecting the box, or caring about the damage, she just asked for order number and issued a refund. Seems the problem with Home Depot is they just don't care..

I want this saw, but can't seem to find it local. And I'm hesitant to order online through a place like Amazon.
    Seems to me that HD did just what you would want a seller to do - accept the return, no questions asked. Now this is a negative?? This doesn't make sense to me. I'd much rather go to HD and then return it no questions asked (and get an immediate replacement/refund). Why would you look elsewhere? By the way, I think the HD policy is customer satisfaction. Why weren't you satisfied DO you blame HD for what was wrong inside the box?
    Last edited by Pat Barry; 12-08-2016 at 6:46 PM.

Here's an example of how easy it is to use Amazon and CPOOutlets.

I was in the market for a new SCMS. I wanted a Hitachi C12RSH....not a Hitachi C12RSH2. An Amazon advertisement for CPOOutlets said "Hitachi C12 RSH $399 - Manufacturer discontinued - Only 20 left in stock. So I ordered one. At the same time I ordered a Hitachi mobile miter saw stand from Amazon.

The stand arrived and frankly I was disappointed in their definition of "Heavy Duty". I just didn't like the product. So, I went online and filed a return which was accepted and Amazon said they'd have UPS pick it up in the next business day.

A few days later, the box from CPOOutlets showed up with a Hitachi C12RSH2. I didn't even open the box. I filed a return to CPOOutlets via Amazon. It was accepted, I printed a waybill and took it to our local UPS center.
    A day later a UPS driver showed up and took the miter saw stand for return to Amazon.

3 days later I received an email from Amazon indicating a partial refund for the miter saw stand. I didn't understand so I sent them an email. I said "I'm not angry but why am I only receiving a partial refund?" I was just inquisitive. They responded to me they'd check into it. Later that evening I received notice they'd refunded my card for the difference. A day or so later I got an email they had refunded the rest of it. In conclusion, I got a full refund.

Today, CPOOutlets sent me an email they had refunded my entire sales amount.

The end result? It didn't cost me a thing. I got everything I spent refunded. My only inconvenience was I had to take the saw to my local UPS center which is 2 blocks away from my home.

Buying from Amazon, CPOOutlets, even HD? I don't have any problems with any of them. I will do it again in the future!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Barry View Post
    Seems to me that HD did just what you would want a seller to do - accept the return, no questions asked. Now this is a negative?? This doesn't make sense to me. I'd much rather go to HD and then return it no questions asked (and get an immediate replacement/refund). Why would you look elsewhere? By the way, I think the HD policy is customer satisfaction. Why weren't you satisfied DO you blame HD for what was wrong inside the box?
    The point is that when buying something, especially a $500 item, it should arrive in NEW condition. Someone probably bought the saw and used it a few times then returned it. Then HD sold me that saw as new. Quite simple. If HD changed the way they handle returns there would be a lot less hassle and angry customers.

Less people would be tempted to "rent tools for free", and more people would feel comfortable with what they are buying is genuinely new.

My saw was missing a blade, had wear marks where the blade guard moves, and the back of the sliding rails were damaged from shipping.
    Last edited by Greg Woloshyn; 12-08-2016 at 7:21 PM.

Why not ask the local Home Depot to sell you one. If they don't have one on their shelf, have them order it for you, to be delivered to the store for you to pick up from there. Then go there and inspect it before buying it. If it's damaged, have them get another one for you. Don't buy it until they get you a good one. It will likely be delivered to the store in their own truck instead of UPS or FEDEX, so it's chances of surviving the trip are way better.

Charley

I bought a reconditioned Makita 10" dual compound sliding miter saw with a laser ight from CPO Outlets online for 300.00 about 7 years ago. Excellent saw in like new condition and has worked well so far.

They also sell new Makita tools as well.

CPO and Tool Nut come to mind. They ship a lot.

I ordered parts for my Hitachi C12LSH immediately after getting it from Amazon. Hitachi SUCKS at packaging!
    Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

I have that exact saw and it has been aces. I bought it locally at a tool store that carried just about every brand out there.