Thread: Source for cabinet doors/drawers?

Source for cabinet doors/drawers?

LOML has decided I am going to remodel our kitchen. After sticker shock on the price of cabinets at the BORG, I believe I can build them a lot cheaper (and better) I would prefer to purchase the doors and drawer fronts. Any suggestions? THANKS IN ADVANCE, Bill

2. I had a similar situation a few years back, and we found a local cabinet shop that sold us doors at a pretty good price.

Its worth checking to see if the Borg sells doors only; they may be higher on them than a local shop would be, though, so check around.

Bill:

There is a company called Walzcraft in La Crosse, WI that makes cabinet doors and drawer boxes. If you do a Google search you'll be able to find their website.

I am not affiliated with them nor have I purchased anything from them. However, I live in the area and know people who have used them and were happy with their product.

-Kevin
    "He who dies with the most toys is none the less dead."

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Hagan
    Its worth checking to see if the Borg sells doors only; they may be higher on them than a local shop would be, though, so check around.
    Home Depot used to, at least out here...haven't looked in awhile. Look for a rack of brochures near the "prefab" (e.g. Mills Pride) cabinets.

Try http://www.cabinetdoorshop.com/

I'm simply amazed at the prices they sell doors.
    ___
    Rick

Your profile doesn't say what area you live in, because there is a ton of good suppliers. It really does not make sense to build your doors and drawer unless you really have all the time in the world or need the braging rights.
    Take a look at; www.keystonewood.com

Richard

I have purchased raised panel cabinet doors from California Door with excellent results:

http://www.caldoor.com/home.htm

Quote Originally Posted by bill kiss
    LOML has decided I am going to remodel our kitchen. After sticker shock on the price of cabinets at the BORG, I believe I can build them a lot cheaper (and better) I would prefer to purchase the doors and drawer fronts. Any suggestions? THANKS IN ADVANCE, Bill
    Where are you located??

If shipping is not an issue
    Just keep working on it. It'll give up and do right after a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Shelton
    Try http://www.cabinetdoorshop.com/

I'm simply amazed at the prices they sell doors.
    Care to elaborate, give an example? I'm scouting suppliers myself for new construction, but haven't got a plan to work from just yet, so an actual quote is a bit hard to get...

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Wolf
    Take a look at; www.keystonewood.com

Well, blow me down. I drive past those guys on a regular basis. Always wondered what they did. Have purchased from them Richard? their site says they are wholesale only.

Wes

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Hager
    Where are you located??

If shipping is not an issue
    Jim, ya know if you blow the sawdust off your camera once in a while it wouldn't look like you're making doors in a snowstorm. Looks like you've been busy, though.

- Vaughn

Quote Originally Posted by Wes Bischel
    Well, blow me down. I drive past those guys on a regular basis. Always wondered what they did. Have purchased from them Richard? their site says they are wholesale only.
    Hi Wes,

I used Keystone for doors & drawer fronts for my home office. I had a good experience with them although they are not inexpensive.

John Motzi
    Dowingtown, PA

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Quick
    Care to elaborate, give an example? I'm scouting suppliers myself for new construction, but haven't got a plan to work from just yet, so an actual quote is a bit hard to get...

Jason
    I dug one up. I had them quote a job for 23 paint grade raised panel doors (no mdf) and 8 drawer fronts. The doors averaged ~14 x 26 for 13 uppers and ~14 x 22 for 10 lowers. The quote came in at $675 DELIVERED! That's well less than $30/door delivered. Don't think I'd make 'em for that.

BTW, super nice people to deal with. Give them a call, they'll be glad to work up a quote for you.
    ___
    Rick

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn McMillan
    Jim, ya know if you blow the sawdust off your camera once in a while it wouldn't look like you're making doors in a snowstorm. Looks like you've been busy, though.

- Vaughn
    There is a wise guy in every croud I know I need to clean off the lense before I take a shot.

I actually built those doors last spring. I have turned out in the neighborhood of around 600 since then. I had the best 1/4 I have ever had in July, August and Sept. For a part time business we really did alright.
    Just keep working on it. It'll give up and do right after a while.