Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425 LastLast

Thread: Guys and Gals, It's time to get to work, time to donate!!

Quote Originally Posted by John Pollman
    Wow, this is amazing !

I hadn't been around much for a while but got back on here about the time this situation started to unfold. I was deeply saddened at the prospect of SMC disappearing. I've been in a bit of a financial crunch lately too (although not as bad as Keith and Jackie). After my injury in March I was basically completely out of work with no W/C benefits for five months. Things are still tight here and I've had to invest quite a bit in some new equipment so at this point I don't really have much to spare. But you can be sure that as soon as there's an extra $25 or so it'll be on the way ! I really appreciate this place and although I've only been a member since January '05 I still feel like I've made a few new friends here that I'd hate to lose touch with. Thanks to all who have kicked in and allowed this place to continue. My contribution should be on the way soon hopefully.

John
    John, your thoughts, wishes and future intentions are greatly appreciated! BUT, you take care of your business and your family FIRST! I think I can safely speak for the Admin of SMC, we're OK for now and would rather be sure you are even capable of showing up out here before "showing us the money"!!! Whatever you can, whenever you can, is cool! I hope your recovery is coming along well and that you and your family get back on track real, real soon! Take care!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

John,

Got ya' covered. You get well and worry about us later. We're all set for the time being and the forseeable future. Work on the recovery and know we're all on your side. In fact, I've got a few guardian angles (I've had need of quite a few in my life) I've sent your way. They'll keep an eye on you.

John
    John Bailey
    Sawmill Creek is a member supported forum. Click here to donate.

Thanks guys !

John, just another word to say, family comes first!! Thanks for the sentiment, you are a great man!

I truely hope you regain your strength and don't forget to hang out here!!
    Jeff Sudmeier

"It's not the quality of the tool being used, it's the skills of the craftsman using the tool that really matter. Unfortunately, I don't have high quality in either"

Hey Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Morton
    Hey jerry, hope you were no where near your TV when the mighty Red Sox imploded, and with Patriots injury problems my golden era of new england champions might have come to a end...it was GREAT while it lasted.

Great to see you back online....I too have been away from her for most of the summer.
    Hi Tim...Yes, I agonized over those final days leading to the playoffs as the Yankees charged. That tie for 1st killed me. I was drained as the playoffs started and I think the RedSox were too. Anyway, maybe next year. Makes us all realize what a golden year last year was. Good to hear from you...
    Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Sudmeier
    Jerry, sent you a PM as well.

The long and the short of it is that Hampton Roads online is closing it's doors soon. They are the supporter of this forum and without them, it could have closed as well.

drive, seeing that The members responded with a great amount of money and thanks! Keith let us know that he could get a commercial cable line for a year, if the donations covered it. THe server would be moved to their shop. The donations have more than covered the line and SMC will continue on.

That is the synopsis, as best I can remember it!
    Thanks Jeff..Though a non-participant recently, I value this forum highly. I will contribute (once I figure the mechanics from the 300+ posts in this thread). Thank you guys..Keep us informed..
    Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Olexa
    Thanks Jeff..Though a non-participant recently, I value this forum highly. I will contribute (once I figure the mechanics from the 300+ posts in this thread). Thank you guys..Keep us informed..
    Jerry, not asking for a donation, but if you want to make one, click the donate button at the top of the page Otherwise there was an address to mail a check.

Have a good one Jerry!!
    Jeff Sudmeier

"It's not the quality of the tool being used, it's the skills of the craftsman using the tool that really matter. Unfortunately, I don't have high quality in either"

Done. Used donate button, etc. for contribution. HTH. Thanks to all. Long live SMC
    Jerry

Sent something via PayPal.... must keep this group going! It is without a doubt the best woodworking forum on the net, with a great bunch of members.
    Bryan in Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada

Look alive! Here comes a buzzard! -- Pogo, by Walt Kelly

A child of five could understand this. Fetch me a child of five. -- Groucho Marx.

Haven't been on the Creek in a couple of weeks and got behind on the news. I added $25. Better late than never! Hope it helps a little bit. Best regards to all.

Just clicked the donate button for $5.00 (Per Keith) plus another $20.00
    for 4 others that may not be able to donate right now. Where else can you gloat with pictures and get all that knowlege from so many very well
    versed and educated woodworkers! Love this forum!
    Being "over the hill" is much better than being under it!
    He who dies with the most toys is nonetheless gone.

How do I use the donate thing? I click it and it shows my basket as empty and I have tried every button to no avail.

Quote Originally Posted by Travis Porter
    How do I use the donate thing? I click it and it shows my basket as empty and I have tried every button to no avail.
    Travis,

Since the big server move, the "donate" portion of it has not yet been re-setup. You are, however, most welcome to snail mail your donation directly to our "caretakers". If you care to, make a check out to SawMillCreek Woodworkers Forums and send it to this address:

SawMillCreek Woodworkers Forums
    c/o Northwind Associates
    8770 Little England Rd.
    Hayes, VA 23072

Greatly appreciate any and all support! Thanks!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

Boy, have I been out of touch here! I'll wait for the donate button to show up, however...too lazy to snail mail stuff.
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Is the donate button working?
    Can't seem to make it work. Being the computer illiterate person I am, I'm confused that I can not achieve this feat.
    Would it be better to send via snail mail?