Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Guys and Gals, It's time to get to work, time to donate!!

I'm in for for $25.00. Keep up the great work. this is one resource we cannot afford to lose.

Mike

Wow! I just checked back in after pumpkin picking with my son and it's great!

I just did the donate button for another $25 + my $25 from this morning, small compared to magazine subscriptions! I don't want to lose SMC.

Pete

Mike, I did mean that as two sperate remarks. I am in no position to be judgemental of anyone's financial position. I realize that any donation may not be posible for some and under no circumstances am I trying to cast shame on anyone in that position.
    My remarks reflects people that use this site as a reference form and site for interaction of ideas and opinions and for some reason don't think it is worth a ten dollar investment (if they can afford it).
    I did not make any statement with the intent of offending anyone. I'm sorry if I did.

Richard
    Last edited by Richard Wolf; 10-09-2005 at 8:23 PM.

$30 in from me.

Just hit DONATE and sent $100.00, most likely the best money i've spent in a long long time.

Brian
    The significant problems we encounter cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them.

The penalty for inaccuracy is more work

OK I am in!

Keith I will send a check for $25 as a donation to SMC when I pay you for my recent Black Marble order. If more is needed in the future I will be there to help.

Lets see, back 8 or so months ago I new NOTHING about Laser Engraving. Today I keep busy at my hobby/business of Laser Engraving and even have people asking me "How do you make such nice Black Marble Photos?

99.99% of what I know about Laser Engraving came from SMC.

Like Mastercard says - $25 here, $50 there, being able to learn that much that fast - PRICELESS!!!

in for fifty

A while back there was a discussion about dropping members who did not post occaisionaly. As a long time lurker on several forums, let me take this opportunity to say that we of few words deeply appreciate the shared expertise we find through your chatter.

My $25 donation has been sent. Here's hoping we can keep SMC alive.

I just hit DONATE for $20. Let's keep the Creek flowing.
    ________
    Ron

"Individual commitment to a group effort--that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work."
    Vince Lombardi

Kim and I are in for $50. We love this forum!!!!!!

Grateful for the forum

This is a wonderful place to learn and share. Count me in for 25$
    Gary Shoemake
    Green Creek NJ
    Mercury laser CLTT and color on crystal

I'm in. It is very rewarding to see the support where it is needed most, from the wallet.

TJH

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Wenzloff
    I don't know whether the totals reflect whether someone has "spoken up" upon donating or not. I also feel that your above statement is both contradictory and is itself shameful in its attempt to encourage people to donate.

After all, should one for whom donating "may not be an option" also feel the "shame" you state they should? Surely you didn't mean it in that manner, did you Richard?

Mike

Well, I'll put my 2 cents in, and let Richard keep up the cheer leading. I see no shame in encouraging everyone to donate to keep this forum alive. I think it is unrealistic that someone thinks that everything is "free" and should be there just for the taking. Everyone who participates in this forum has the economic ability to contribute something. Heck, we've all got computers and are paying for INTERNET access (OK some may not and are using library access). To say nothing about the money we spend on our shops, tools and materials!
    In any event, I find it impossible to consider that any user couldn't find $5-$10 a year to keep this going. Just throwing your pocket change in a jar at the end of the day would provide that level of contribution without any effort.

Let's keep up the positive energy.

Jay

Tore up first check and rewrote a new one for $50 which will be in the mail first thing Tueday. Aaron thank you for all your time and effort. It is greatly appreciated. Again Keith and Jackie a big thank you.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Well, I just took a major hit on my income (negative!) a couple weeks ago, so it's not what I would've like to add, but another $50.00 was just submitted to help the cause. We just HAVE to keep this place alive and well! And just another echo to Keith, Jackie and, of course, Aaron for covering all the difficult logistics of this fabulous place we call the Creek! For many of us, it's like home!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!