Thread: Panel saw dust collection

Panel saw dust collection

Hey guys, we have an old 2HP Jet dust collector similar to this one: http://www.jettools.com/us/en/p/dc-1...er-kit/710701K

The saw is equipped with a blade shroud for dust collection and a 2" hose, but I'm concerned about hooking up that skinny hose to a 2HP motor. Are there any other options aside from a shop vac?

If you're concerned about too much suction on such a small hose, just open a blast gate to another tool to relieve some of the pressure.

I have milwaukee panel saw and use shop vac hooked up to the dust hook up. Not think dust collector work as good.

Blog Entries
    Too much suction? That is like too much fun! Hard to imagine. Max suction from a dust collector is like 10" of water column. Max suction from a shop vac is more like 80". Just keep the 2" hose as short as possible.
    NOW you tell me...

You're going to need a shop vac to connect to the saw. High suction, low flow.

Dust collector could be used additionally to draw in lots of air from the surrounding area. Low suction, high flow. Even better if you can make a duct under the blade area.

The shop vac gets much of the big stuff coming off the blade. The dust collector gets a lot of stuff floating in the air.