Thread: Well...it is Friday..

Well...it is Friday..

Any wood working projects going on?

Anything close to being shown off?

Or, just sit around and watch Football the next three days?

Right now all I have to show off is 40 bd ft of rough cut maple.

But on Monday I hope to have a couple of cabinet doors and at least the frame for a window seat. And maybe some parts for drawers.

Although there will be a break to watch the Packer/Detroit game on Sunday night.

I have 6.5 bd ft of canarywood sitting on my bench. Roughing out a couple of guitar stands this weekend. Going to plan in a few purple heart highlights perhaps. I've never worked with this wood, so looking forward to seeing how it behaves. Michigan game tonight, Detroit on Sunday.

Blog Entries
    My brain is working on making a stand for my foot powered sharpening stone. One of the requirements is for it to be easy to move and load into a pickup truck.

So far my thinking is to make it on a frame like a hand truck.

The other brain cell is contemplating how to better store my tools and cleaning up my mess of a shop.

Not much of a fan for the modern day gladiator exhibitions.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Probably not, it's supposed to be raining all weekend. I spent a couple of hours yesterday cleaning up the shop, but otherwise, no plans for actually doing anything interesting out there for a while.

A fun Friday, a couple of beer with an old co-worker. He been retired for 12 years now, I've been for 2 years. Then a birthday party for a 4 year old grandson , and after that a trip to Lee Valley. Of course the New Years Eve World Juniors game.

Frankenbuild....

Needed a quick way to store tools for more protection from the temp changes this time of year. Wanted something sorta nice but out of time to build one from scratch.

Had plans done and cherry and maple collected, but for me it's a long term build.....then a friend dropped off a piece of new furniture that was going into storage when their house sold. It's a TV cabinet very heavy 68" by 40" an antique white color sold by Neiman Marcus expensive I'm sure.

Upon closer inspection it's a combo of mdf and some tropical mystery wood, glad I didn't pay for it! Anyway the opening is close enough to the size of the cabinet I had planned for me to go ahead and build the Shaker style doors and temporarily mount them and use it as a tool cabinet.

Gonna look a little funky but should work, and when the new case is done I'm sure this can still be used for storage....

Happy New Year,
    Andy

Mos Maiorum

I'm making a wedge for a coffin smoother so I can fit a different blade.