Thread: Bosch 4100 Question

Question Bosch 4100 Question

I find myself in the position of having to replace my old Bosch 4000-09 table saw (with the gravity rise stand).

The Bosch 4100 looks to be the logical replacement, but I have some questions, mainly related to compatibility with add-ons I have purchased/built for the old 4000.

- Does anyone know whether I can use the same gravity rise stand from the old saw?
    - Will miter gauges/jigs that use the miter slot from the old saw be compatible with the 4100? I ask because the 4100 has a T-slot design, whereas the 4000 does not.
    - I have both out-feed and left side extensions on the old 4000 (purchased). Will these be compatible with the 4100?

Thanks in advance.
    John

John, I did that conversion and believe most accessories worked well. The T-Slot on the 4100 is the same width (3/4"?) as your other one. You can run a "regular" miter gauge in a T-Slot track but not vice versa. I didn't like the T-slot in mine and used a vintage Powermatic miter gauge. The miter gauge is stored in a different location on the 4100. I used the old gravity stand and don't recall having to make any modifications. It's cheaper that way. The riving knife is the touted major difference.

I recently upgraded to the Bosch REAXX and like it better than both previous designs. It does have a different stand though. With a job-site type saw, you might consider the REAXX for safety. Love Bosch. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Riddle View Post
    I used the old gravity stand and don't recall having to make any modifications. It's cheaper that way.

I recently upgraded to the Bosch REAXX and like it better than both previous designs. It does have a different stand though. With a job-site type saw, you might consider the REAXX for safety. Love Bosch. Good luck.
    Thanks Rich, that's good info. The REAXX sounds like a nice saw, but frankly, cost is an issue right now.