Thread: Problem with SU 2017

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Problem with SU 2017

I just started using the new version SU 2017. I am having a problem selecting and creating a "component". I am used to triple clicking on the newly made object, which selected all faces/edges, and then right clicking to select and create a component from the selection. Now the triple click doesn't work for me with SU 2017. I don't even get the blue edges on my newly created object. I have to drag a box around the entire object, which selects the object, and from that I can create a component. This can be very difficult, or impossible, to do when creating a component within or touching an already existing component. When I first discovered this problem i tried various methods of creating the component, but only boxing the object seemed to work. Thinking that I might have a bad download i uninstalled SU 2017 and downloaded again. Exact same problem. I am using Windows 10.
    Has something changed with SU2017? As a side note: SU 2017 seems significantly slower that the previous version. I have a fast computer , good graphics card, and lots of memory.

David, there's been no change to the selection options and triple clicking is still functional for selecting all attached geometry. There must be something else going on. Contact me by PM and send me your e-mail address. I'll see if I can help you get it sorted.

What is the graphics card and have you updated drivers lately?