Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: SawmillCreek Upgrade

Aaron -

Thank you for all the work you do to keep the site running smoothly. Have no problems since the upgrade - Firefox 1.0.7, Windows 2000 5.00.2195 SP4.

Thanks,
    Ted

Blog Entries

Unhappy

Aaron,
    I can't seem to get any of the message editing buttons to work. I can't change fonts, or add links, none of the buttons work.
    I am using Firefox 1.0.7. The only thing I can think of is that I add the Spellbound spell checker extension yesterday. (which does work)
    Any ideas?

[Edit using IE]
    However when I use Internet Explorer these buttons work just fine! Well, almost, I can't seem to get the font color button to offer anything but black. Is it just me?
    Last edited by Larry Browning; 10-11-2005 at 11:02 AM.
    Larry J Browning
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world; Those who understand binary and those who don't.

I am on Firefox 1.07, and cannot attach a file. Any ideas? Running Widows XP Pro.
    Alan Turner
    Philadelphia Furniture Workshop

I think Keith means the "smiley" icons: I can't insert them either using Ie6. The rest of the WYSIWYG stuff seems to be ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee DeRaud
    I think Keith means the "smiley" icons: I can't insert them either using Ie6. The rest of the WYSIWYG stuff seems to be ok.
    Lee, you can't "smile"? What browser are you using? Mac? WinTel? Are you sure your "smiles" are turned "on"?
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

Quote Originally Posted by John Miliunas
    Lee, you can't "smile"? What browser are you using? Mac? WinTel? Are you sure your "smiles" are turned "on"?
    XP-SP2, IE6. The "disable smileys in text" button is not checked. I've got the box-full of smiley links over to the right of the editor box, browser "sees" them (cursor changes shape), but clicking on them does nothing.

Let's try an attachment...ok, that worked. MVC-097F.JPG
    Hmm...I'm also not seeing any way to do the 'inline' attachment feature that Aaron talked about. Is there some kind of plugin required for this "AJAX" stuff?
    Last edited by Lee DeRaud; 10-12-2005 at 1:04 AM.

Well, you got me on that one, Lee. I see how the attachment thing works and, at least on my end, the smiley's work but, I don't see how one does the "inline" attachment unless you maybe prepare a seperate text file to go with each picture. I'll try the attachment to see if that much works for me.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Weisner
    I was reading in a previous post about the fate of Sawmill Creek being "uncertain". If the Sawmill Creek website may no longer exist in the near future, why do the upgrade?
    Bob,

Due to the outpouring of our membership, SawmillCreek's future seems certain to continue.
    _Aaron_
    SawmillCreek Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Koehl
    Bob,

Due to the outpouring of our membership, SawmillCreek's future seems certain to continue.
    Stardate 2055: High powered lasers now function to perform all the cutting operations in your shop. Clamps have been replaced with vectored force fields. The System Administrator for SMC is Aaron Koehl III and Jim Becker is about to break the 100K post mark! All is good at SMC!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Clamps have been replaced with vectored force fields.
    That is so 21st century. People that actually know what they're doing are using the new telepathic-set adhesives that have infinite open time but set instantly when the pieces are properly aligned.

That is so 21st century. People that actually know what they're doing are using the new telepathic-set adhesives that have infinite open time but set instantly when the pieces are properly aligned.
    Ohhhh....So now you're saying I'm behind the times???? And this coming from a guy who can't even do this: (Bwaaaaaa-haaaaaa-haaaaaa-haaaaaa!)
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Blog Entries
    Stardate 2055: High powered lasers now function to perform all the cutting operations in your shop. Clamps have been replaced with vectored force fields. The System Administrator for SMC is Aaron Koehl III and Jim Becker is about to break the 100K post mark! All is good at SMC!
    ...Yet 104 year old Larry "grumpy" Browning still won't put smilley faces on any of his posts. He got the name grumpy back in 2005 when he mysteriously started to never put them in any of his posts as well as never posting pictures. This all started right after the Bulletin board software was updated to allow inline picture posting. He still claims to this day that none of the buttons work, but the rumor is that it really is just an excuse to be grumpy.
    Last edited by Larry Browning; 10-11-2005 at 1:50 PM.
    Larry J Browning
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world; Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Ohhhh....So now you're saying I'm behind the times???? And this coming from a guy who can't even do this: (Bwaaaaaa-haaaaaa-haaaaaa-haaaaaa!)
    Says you: .

(Aaron: I can insert a smiley using "Insert Image" and typing in the URL for it...problem is in the editor. And yes, I did a full "delete temp files" and restarted IE.)

Says you: .

(Aaron: I can insert a smiley using "Insert Image" and typing in the URL for it...problem is in the editor. And yes, I did a full "delete temp files" and restarted IE.)
    Well that just goofy, Lee. Are you able to modify text and stuff from the toolbar? Are you possibly using the "Yahoo" toolbar in your browser? The only reason I ask is, I've seen that cause some real "weird" issues with fullfilling requests on sites and stuff like that. (Granted, we're in a pretty "weird" environment here, too. )
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Browning
    Aaron,
    I can't seem to get any of the message editing buttons to work. I can't change fonts, or add links, none of the buttons work.
    I am using Firefox 1.0.7. The only thing I can think of is that I add the Spellbound spell checker extension yesterday. (which does work)
    Any ideas?

[Edit using IE]
    However when I use Internet Explorer these buttons work just fine! Well, almost, I can't seem to get the font color button to offer anything but black. Is it just me?
    Aaron, After some more testing I have found that none of the buttons around the text box work for me in Firefox. I can't attach pictures, add links, no smilley faces, nothing. When I float the mouse pointer over a button I get the description of the icon/button, but the icon does not change like it does in IE. When I'm in IE however, the buttons seem to respond just fine.
    Larry J Browning