Thread: Router Table Power Switch

Router Table Power Switch

Need some advice - I've got a Kreg router table with a custom-built cabinet/enclosure and want to add an external power switch to control the router.

So I bought a Woodstock D4151 paddle switch:
    d4151-13e0ade7365ee74c7293c457daa5d7fc.jpg(there's a better view at https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005W17FRS/)

The problem is I can't seem to find a suitable box for the paddle switch and am wondering if others have run into this issue before? I suppose I could make a box out of wood, but would prefer to find a plastic enclosure. A regular single-gang box like you'd use for in-wall wiring doesn't really work and I'm not sure where else to look.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

The Amazon site indicates it will fit an outdoor box. I checked an outdoor box on the septic system and it is larger than the indoor boxes I have.

look for a pvc weatherproof box at your Lowes, Home Depot& Menard's

Exactly why I went with one that was already in its own box. I have this one: LINK. Any chance you can still return yours?
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success!

Hi Marty,
    I put that same switch on my table saw and router table. I found that the taymac SD450S box worked for me. I discarded the panel screws that came with the woodstock switch and used screws from a regular light switch to mount the paddle switch into the box. I also needed to grind down the phenolic ridge on the upper right side of the switch body a little to get the screws to line up. It takes a little fiddling to get the screws lined up, but it works well. Would you be the same Marty Tippin that used to post on Home Brew Digest back in the day?
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008KNZ3TC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Alfaro View Post
    Would you be the same Marty Tippin that used to post on Home Brew Digest back in the day?
    Indeed I would. It's a small world, but I wouldn't want to have to paint it!

Thanks all for the suggestions so far - headed to Menard's over lunch to see what I can find. Hadn't considered the outdoor PVC boxes.