Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Should I buy a new Porter Cable ros or just replace the pad?

I just replaced the pads on two sanders. They needed replacing a year or two ago, but I kept holding off until the second one finally quit holding discs. It's like getting new tools. I'd go with the cheaper option - replacing the pads.

Might want to add a couple of those rubber belts to your order. Replace it while you have the pad off.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Frierson View Post
    I also have a 333 thats been going 15years and many pads. My understanding is the new PC sanders are not near as good as these older ones.
    I think that's true of most things Porter Cable since they were bought by Black & Decker.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Curt Harms View Post
    I think that's true of most things Porter Cable since they were bought by Black & Decker.
    Sigh............
    Porter Cable used to be quality. Sigh..................

I bought a Ridgid from Home Depot. It is a solid sander. You cannot find a sander on the Porter Cable website.
    Last edited by lowell holmes; 01-25-2017 at 11:36 AM.

I wore out two of the PC 333 sanders. Good sanders, just worn out a few pads and then the sanders. A few years ago I bought a Festool ROS 6". Seems to hold up a little better than the PCs with heavy use. The PCs are a good product for their price point and for casual use in my view.

A reputation for craftsmanship is a responsibility
    to never take lightly.