Thread: job control question

job control question

ok so i have the rotary on and it is showing as such in job control. Where i am running into a problem is when i send a job to engrave it doesn't show up.

i try to send it again and i get a message telling me I can only send one. it is like it is there but i can's see it.

Anyone else have this problem. it is probably just a simple setting i am missing.

thanks
    tami
    sandcarving and sublimation.
    Trotec Speedy 300/80 watt!

Have you checked on the JC screen the Settings menu, then options, accessories-choose rotary attachment, set the diameter, click apply, ok.

Under the jobs window check show--that will show resolutions other than what was previously in the window.

Your drawing should appear. Check it to be sure it's in the right position and move it to the laser.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Null View Post
    Have you checked on the JC screen the Settings menu, then options, accessories-choose rotary attachment, set the diameter, click apply, ok.

Under the jobs window check show--that will show resolutions other than what was previously in the window.

Your drawing should appear. Check it to be sure it's in the right position and move it to the laser.

Thanks Mike, that was the problem. I am still having an issue with a design that is supposed to be round coming out a bit oval. any thoughts??
    sandcarving and sublimation.
    Trotec Speedy 300/80 watt!

Sometimes it's an illusion due to the shape of the object. Measure the actual height and width dimensions as they are on the engraved object to be sure. Double check your diameter settings both in JC and the setting I described earlier. Be precise when you measure and set the diameter.

If you've done everything right and the drawing is still oval try adjusting the width in the Corel drawing.
    Last edited by Mike Null; 01-25-2017 at 10:36 PM.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Quote Originally Posted by TAMI WILSON View Post
    Thanks Mike, that was the problem. I am still having an issue with a design that is supposed to be round coming out a bit oval. any thoughts??
    What Mike said. A round circle (especially larger diameters) will not look round when engraving around an object. You can easily fix that by going into Corel and making it a little wider than tall. It will look wrong on the screen but look correct on the item. As an example, a 2 3/4" circle needs to be about 1/4 wider than tall to make it look right.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

It's all in what your eyes see once the image is bent around a radius--

I traced one of my loupes, it's 1.375" diameter--
    then I rolled the paper into about a 1" tube-
    same circle but the visual difference is fairly drastic--
    illusioni.jpg
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle