Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Festool Hose with sleeve - cheap home made version

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Lard View Post
    I have what perhaps may turn out to be a really dumb question, but... So, i have a number of Festool tools and of course some have cords with different plug. I haven't stopped to figure out how many different ones there are but I suspect 2 or 3. So, how do folks who've used the sleeve deal with having a different cord/plug to use from time to time. Multiple hoses/sleeves to accommodate the variety of cords/plugs? Insert multiple cords in the sleeve?
    The heavier gauge plug-it cord should work with all Festool tools. Its only the smaller gauge one that wont worth with the tools that come with the larger one.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success!

That's correct. Just place the larger gauge plug-in-cord in the sleeve, and you'll never think about which cord to use again.
    - After I ask a stranger if I can pet their dog and they say yes, I like to respond, "I'll keep that in mind" and walk off
    - It's above my pay grade. Mongo only pawn in game of life.

I have what perhaps may turn out to be a really dumb question, but... So, i have a number of Festool tools and of course some have cords with different plug. I haven't stopped to figure out how many different ones there are but I suspect 2 or 3. So, how do folks who've used the sleeve deal with having a different cord/plug to use from time to time. Multiple hoses/sleeves to accommodate the variety of cords/plugs? Insert multiple cords in the sleeve?

All Festool tools with detachable Plug Its come with either a 16ga or 18ga Plug It. The 16ga will fit all tools (the 18ga won't) so I use 16ga Plug Its for all my hose/cord combos. I have both a 27mm and 36mm hose with 16ga cords connected to them, it is odd but I have gotten 16ga cords with tools that should have come with an 18ga cord. I also have a second 27mm hose with a Mirka cord. At some point I will probably do another 27 and 36mm hose setup but just haven't gotten around to it.
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

Timely thread. I've been meaning to do something about my "catch on everything" Festool hose. However, I have a much more annoying problem with mine right now.
    f-hose1.jpgf-hose2.jpg

The thing disconnects really easily. I can fix it temporarily by inserting the right sized socket and spreading the "tangs" but it doesn't last very long.
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Padilla View Post
    Timely thread. I've been meaning to do something about my "catch on everything" Festool hose. However, I have a much more annoying problem with mine right now.

The thing disconnects really easily. I can fix it temporarily by inserting the right sized socket and spreading the "tangs" but it doesn't last very long.

Just change the hose end.

They have a new bayonet locking system for the hoses now, it debuted on the Cleantec hoses. The only tools I have with the mating end are my Pro 5s though the end works for all tools it only locks onto the ones with the new system. The Pro 5s came with a replacement locking end for the 27mm hose and it seems tighter on the old tools than the original ends, but it just may be the original ends I have are worn. In the UK they have a program here they will change the tool end to mate the locking hose end, but it is only for some tools and isn't cheap, like 50 pounds (~$62).

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

Can I just buy a new hose end? I haven't even tried looking. Maybe someone slightly less lazy than me can post the parts?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    The sleeve that Andy links to comes up at $14 for me with Prime shipping.

I just ordered the sleeve and the heat shrink...the price was right... $0 with AMEX points. I've been thinking about doing this for sometime now, so thanks the posting this thread!
    Hmmm, mine was $19 but I'll have it by Saturday.

Can I just buy a new hose end? I haven't even tried looking. Maybe someone slightly less lazy than me can post the parts?
    It is Festool, of course you can buy parts. I think the part number is 500582 for 27mm hoses (that is what I have in my spare parts "note book") but I would double check ekat or just call and order and tell them what you want. IIRC you have to buy 2 and they were about $20.

Chris, PM me and I will send you one of the new bayonet ends for 27mm hoses, I have 4 and the newest hoses I bought already have them so I don't need them all.
    Last edited by Van Huskey; 03-09-2017 at 2:40 PM.

Image1.jpg

Looks like your memory is intact, Van!

Doh, just saw your edit. PM sent!!
    Last edited by Chris Padilla; 03-09-2017 at 2:47 PM.

Ok that makes sense. I never had the curiosity to try one plug in a different tool - who knows whether i've actually been doing that and not even known it.

On another point, what size flex have you used for the 27 and 36mm hose. One imp. size down from the 27/36mm equivalent? I'm not sure how stretchy those things are.

Not sure what size I had, but it was VERY stretchy. Hopefully someone else can chime in with the answer.
    - After I ask a stranger if I can pet their dog and they say yes, I like to respond, "I'll keep that in mind" and walk off
    - It's above my pay grade. Mongo only pawn in game of life.

They are also releasing updated hose connections for many of their power tools as well. So far I have heard the TS 55 and Domino for sure, but Im sure there will be more.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success!

On another point, what size flex have you used for the 27 and 36mm hose. One imp. size down from the 27/36mm equivalent? I'm not sure how stretchy those things are.
    As Alan says it expands a LOT. I use 1 1/2" on both 27 and 36mm hose at least the Flexo PET from Wirecare.

Hmmm, mine was $19 but I'll have it by Saturday.
    Was that the Amazon price? It's $28 for me today. https://www.amazon.com/Techflex-1-1-...dp/B0008JF8U0/
    Mark McFarlane

Mark, the sleeve price jumps around on Amazon depending on the "vendor du jour" it seems. I first ordered it for $14, but that order turned out to not be deliverable. I reordered for a bit more (I don't remember the cost) and got it in two days.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...