Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tool Cases

Quote Originally Posted by mark kosse View Post
    If you take a multi tool to the molded inserts you can open them up inside. That said, I still haven't found much use for them.
    I've been thinking about doing just that and replacing the cutout with foam cut for a specific tool. Might be a handy way to carry hand planes or chisels. Or a 9mm.

What I do with these is highly dependent on....

1. How often I use the tool. If it is not often, then I keep the tool in the container unless it is an obscene waste of space, or, if I have a better place to store it (like in a drawer).
    2. If the tool is not stored in the case, if I think I might sell the tool someday, then I put the case in storage. You get more money for tools in a case it seems.

Howdy bob, are you like me, a 330 for each sanding grit? I see 3 of them in that drawer. Mine are in 100, 150, and 220. I built a box jointed cedar box for them that houses/carries all 3. The same with my 3 505's.

adios, mark

Systainers stack on top of each other, of course, and so avoid the cabinet + drawer box + slides needed on a stack of drawers.

I only have a few but I like how I can stack them on the floor under my chop saw bench.

I put all tool cases, including systainers, up in the attic. I wish you could buy Festool's in a cardboard box instead of having to pay for systainers.

For shop use, I can store a lot more tools in a drawer in far less space than a systainer. The ultimate waste is to build sysports which means you have to go thru all the work to build a drawer and then still waste all the space of a systainer. You slide the thing open and then you still have to open the systainer.

If you work mobile and in a shop, I guess I see that it allows you to grab the systainer, put it in a trailer or van to be able to fit everything and go.

Stacking them doesn't work in a shop either because you now have to dig through the stack to get to the tool you need.