Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Woodpecker's listened. It's back. Who wanted the delve square?

Woodpecker's listened. It's back. Who wanted the delve square?

Quote Originally Posted by Cary Falk View Post
    I think Van wanted at least 10 of 'em...

Ah, another TwoTime/ThreeTime Tool. I bought one brand new for $35 off of eBay a few months ago. Use it to set 45 and 90 on my table saw. That about it.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success!

Got the email this morning, ordered about 2 minutes later. I wonder if me mentioning it on the drill press thread had anything to do with pushing them over, the Woodpecker guy did say he would mention it and it would be sooner rather than later.
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

I got one the last time they were available. Use it all the time to make cut lines. Turned out to be more useful than I expected. It is quite small, which makes it easy to use, but not sure how well it would work to set 45 or 90 on a saw blade, I would use a larger square than this one.

To adjust my saw, you have to kind of contort yourself and reach way inside the cabinet to turn a hex bolt. Very hard to hold up a square against the blade while doing that, so this one being able to stand up against the blade on its own is very helpful. Mine is on my workbench most of the time.

I'd like one but I don't wanna pay for the fancy box that it will never go back into once I take it out.
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

The Onetime tool thing is misleading. It should be renamed as Multiple Times Tool. They can retire and reproduce a tool at a time of their choosing. For this reason, I do not own any Woodpecker's one time tool and am not getting this either.

Simon

so i dont own any square at all really (yes, im a noob...)

would this be a nice beginning square?

I would say it would be too small for general layout and stuff. For a first and only square I would pick something in the 8 to 12 inch range. I have the 1281 along with some other stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by mike liuzzo View Post
    so i dont own any square at all really (yes, im a noob...)

would this be a nice beginning square?
    If you dont already have one and you would like to buy one to last you for a while Id go with the Woodpeckers 1281.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success!

Is this going to be like the Festool sander where the rest of us get them months after ordering and Van has a stack immediately in his shop?

Does it come with the fancy pencil shown in the photos? I might bite if it did.
    Happy and Safe Turning, Don

Woodturners make the world go ROUND!

I really like the Woodpeckers quality, but that tool is a bit too much money for me. I will stick with my Empire 2994 framing square. It is made in the USA with thick aluminum.

Steve

Check out Harry J Epstein. They have high quality seconds (blemishes) machinest squares and other layout tools for cheap. Good place to start.