Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crown Staple Gun Recommendation

Crown Staple Gun Recommendation

Need a new narrow staple gun. I don't want to break the bank, but I want one that works. If the box store ones work, then that's fine for me.

Thanks

Well, while I almost hate to say it, I have a Harbor Freight 1/4" pneumatic stapler that is a gem. Has worked flawlessly for me, but I am not a pro. Probably has driven a couple thousand staples with no issues. Maximum length1.5". No issues.

Price is right. Can use a 20% off coupon. You will not break the bank, but this assumes you have a small compressor. I use a cheap oil-less one.

So do you need something other than a pneumatic tool? If so cannot help you there.

Bill

PS - I only use name brand staples, not the cheap HF ones...if they exist. Never checked.
    Last edited by Bill Space; 02-01-2017 at 7:47 PM. Reason: Add PS
    Too much to do...Not enough time...life is too short!

For a decent crown stapler, I like the Hitachi N3804AB3. Hitachi makes some very decent tools that continually rate high in customer satisfaction at a reasonable price.

I have a Porter Cable - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It works fine for me.

I have Senco SKF, PC, and HF combo staple guns. The PC is limited to 1" staples. The Senco is in a class by it's self. I use the HF to fasten down 1/4" under layment. Never a jam or misfire in thousands of staples. Paid around $12 when for it when it first came out.

I have two HF narrow crown staplers. The first one won't drive 1.5 inch staples like it's supposed to but does great with 3/4 staples. I have several other HF pneumatics that work well so I tried another (at $20 it isn't a huge risk). It does 1.5 inch fine. I also have Bostitch nailers and a Porter Cable but they don't seem worth the extra money compared to my HF nailers. I have the two narrow crown, a wide crown upholstery stapler, a 15 gauge finish nailer, and a flooring nailer by Harbor Freight and they all work fine. Good buys. They also are good about returns (but I usually do not bother).

https://bigskytool.com/?utm_campaign...25BDA9,1EWQ4,1 .try this sight ,i have bought a few of there reconditioned tools and have done very well .i have there 1/4" stapler .it replaced several others .by far the better of the ones i have owned and it cost me less then 50$ .have run through boxes of staples over the years .mostly 1 1/2" .

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wrenn View Post
    The PC is limited to 1" staples.
    1 1/2" not 1"

I won't say PC is better than others. I bought mine because the cabinet shop I install for has used them every day for years in the shop and on the job.

Like Bruce said Senco is in a class by itself I have an SK and also a Harbor Freight and Craftsman and the Senco just works better. I did take the Harbor Freight one to set up trade shows as it was cheap and tools get feet at those shows

For pneumatic, Senco, as stated before, is in a class of its own. For portability, I just purchased a Porter Cable 20V crown stapler for my birthday present to myself. Nice gun, although the time delay from trigger pull to staple firing is hard to get used to.

I have the dewalt and am quite happy with it. I've put a few thousand staples through it, mostly construction type stuff...no jams, rarely leaves one above surface.

Which Senco are you guys using? It appears that they have 7 models to choose from in the 1/4" category.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Weber View Post
    Which Senco are you guys using? It appears that they have 7 models to choose from in the 1/4" category.

The SKS is what I used for ¼" staples. Overkill for most things, but it's rebuildable, and worth rebuilding. It's built on their older body.

I've got an SLS as well, but 3/8" crown. I just use it for backs, it's a lighter duty stapler, but plenty good for that application.

[QUOTE=Bill Space;2654276]Well, while I almost hate to say it, I have a Harbor Freight 1/4" pneumatic stapler that is a gem. Has worked flawlessly for me, but I am not a pro. Probably has driven a couple thousand staples with no issues. Maximum length1.5". No issues.

Price is right. Can use a 20% off coupon. You will not break the bank, but this assumes you have a small compressor. I use a cheap oil-less one.

So do you need something other than a pneumatic tool? If so cannot help you there.

Bill

PS - I only use name brand staples, not the cheap HF ones...if they exist. Never checked.[/QUOT

Ditto. Mine has lasted 10x longer than my PC did. Shoots brads too.

I like my Senco

Jack