Thread: metabo jigsaw ste-105

Blog Entries

metabo jigsaw ste-105

Bought this used and can't find info on the accessories or a manual. Anybody help with links or pictures...Thx
    Metabo-Jig-Saw-STE-105-Plus-Carpenters-Woodworking.jpg

Metabo also sold this jigsaw as a D-Handle (Model # STEB-105). Metabo also produced the the D-Handle version for Ridgid (Model R3120). You should be able to find a manual for either the STEB-105 or R3120 on line. I think the only accessories available are a front clear plastic shroud, dust collection "tube" and an anti-splinter insert. All 3 pop up on ebay (often as Ridgid parts).
    I use to own the Ridgid version (great machine), but I prefer a barrel grip so I now have a Bosch 1591 (but the Metabo STE-105 or Hilti WS850 are IMHO as good as the Bosch - Personally, I like the Metabo you have as the body is a bit smaller than the Bosch therefore easier to grip).
    Did you score yours from ebay? I put bid in on one last week.....

Blog Entries
    Pawn shop $29.99+tax.. Looks like new...

Blog Entries
    The blade lock is broke on the jigsaw. Parts aren't expensive but curious how it operates with the spring. Compression using the spring? Will order parts this weekend..

That's a nice find, Jack! It looks like it has some similarities to my Festool, too. That should come in handy once you get the new parts in place!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...