Thread: A3-31 Initial Setup Question

A3-31 Initial Setup Question

Hello,

I have two questions about the initial setup of my A3-31.

When I spoke with technical support during the ordering process, the tech suggested a 20A circuit would suffice, so that's what I ran.

When I unboxed the machine it says that it requires a 30A breaker.

First question: I'm going to call again on Monday and ask for clarity, but if the machine requires a 30A (for start-up surges I am guessing?) why wouldn't it be best to run a 30A recep/plug? Being skeptical, I ran #10 wire in the circuit.

Second question: What are your product recommendations for the initial cleaning and waxing of the machine?

Thank you.

I use a 30A breaker and plug. Same line used for my 5HP table saw. Its been quite a while, but I believe all I did was to clean the tables and then put on a coat of wax.

I have the C3 which is an A3 with extras - I ran 30A as per Mike's comment. Table was also the same, wax (silicone free). I never needed to clean my table as it didn't arrive with any coating

I just bought and setup an A3-41. Prior to purchasing, I had read a 20 amp circuit was recommended. That's what I have installed and it's been running without any issues. If that's the size circuit you already have, I'd run with it

Mine is on a 15 ampere circuit, no issues.

In Canada the maximum is a 20 ampere circuit for it..........Rod.