Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 8 inch Jointer

8 inch Jointer

Can anyone tell me about this PM 8 inch Jointer. The add reads: This jointer is about 30 years old, it was used by a small shop custom furniture maker for about 5 years. It has not been used for the past 25 years.

He is asking $300. Seem like a good deal would you guys agree?

Run do not walk. It will be gone in a heartbeat if in usable condition!
    Too much to do...Not enough time...life is too short!

That's a great price. If it's in good shape and single phase. Chances are it's 3 phase.

Even if three phase VFDs are cheap....that price is a steal for a usable PM 8" jointer.

I'd sure buy it... If operational.
    Too much to do...Not enough time...life is too short!

I hope you are on your way. I found something similar a few weeks ago. Hemmed and hawed for about an hour. Went back to the CL ad to call, and it was gone!
    Last edited by Scott Cenicola; 05-17-2015 at 7:39 PM.

Here are two more pictures:

Please tell me those are pics of the PM in YOUR SHOP !

You'll probably never see a deal like that, on a top-quality machine, for many a year. Wow.

If it's in good shape you could add $1000 in front of that number and it would still sell.

Here is the problem. The machine is about 1:30 min away and I am leaving out of town on business early tomorrow morning until next Thursday. I have been looking for a nice used 8 inch for months and it happens to come along tonight of all nights. I called the guy and asked him to come see/get it tonight but he said its at his wife and they are separated and he needs more notice to show me. He was really nice and agreed to not sell it until I have a chance to look at it on Thursday night. Basically told me it was mine. We will see. Someone will probably call him and make him an offer he can't refuse and I will get screwed out of the deal.

I'd buy it, and I don't even need another one.

Definitely buy it!

Nice of him to say he'll hold it but you never know. Hopefully he's a man of his word.

Wire / bank transfer him the money tonight, or first thing tomorrow before you leave, if at all possible.

Send your wife, your son, daughter, the neighbor kid, even your brother....well not your brother unless you are sure he won't go behind your back and buy it for himself.

Holy crap, I agree with the others, go get that machine. Let us know that you got it and show some pic's once in your shop

Or, tell us where it is and we can handle it............
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.