Thread: Grizzly G1018 jointer - 8"

Grizzly G1018 jointer - 8"

I recently bought a Grizzly G1018 - 8” jointer that had used very little and after moving it to my shop I find that I cannot lock the fence down tight at any angle. I believe that I am missing a sheet metal part that attaches to the hinge arm and is secured on the other end by the lock down lever. My problem is that the parts list does not show this part and thus Grizzly tech support can’t help. The Grizzly G1182 smaller 6” jointer has the same type fence adjustment mechanism and it’s parts list does show the part that I think I am missing but of course it is smaller than the part I need.

Here is what would help me, if some of you have a Grizzly G1018 8” jointer I would appreciate confirmation that the bracket that I think I need is indeed there and a picture or two because I think I may have to make it myself. I have attached a picture of the fence adjustment mechanism of my jointer.

Thank you for any help you might be.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Here's the parts list for that jointer, if you can identify the part, you can order it from Grizzly.

https://www.grizzly.com/products/g1018/parts

I don't think my friends 1018 has that bracket. Your fence hinge is not taped for one so I don't think it uses one. Why the 6" uses it and the 8" doesn't is beyond me.

Thanks for the replys, so the bracket is not on the parts list and the hinge is not tapped for attachment so perhaps the bracket is not needed as I thought. Never the less, the fence can not be securely tightened down for some reason. Does anyone have any ideas on what could this? I can move the bottom of the fence 3/16" when it is locked down.