Thread: Festool Sander? Do I buy it?

Festool Sander? Do I buy it?

Hi All,

I have a lead on a Model# RO125-FEQ-PLUS on craigslist. He was asking $325 but I offered $200 as I didn't want to spend more than that even though I knew it was a shot in the dark. He accepted. It looks like it has been well used but he said it was in perfect working condition just has some cosmetic ugliness. Is $200 a good deal or should I pass? See the link.

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/tls/6016558110.html

Thanks!

Sam

Sounds like you already made the deal?

If I found the same deal, and it was in perfect working condition, I would be all over it!

Verbal agreement but I haven't picked it up yet. Thanks for the input. If all is working I will pull the trigger. Thanks!

If it works it's a good deal - go for it, and certainly if you made a verbal agreement already....

Dan

200 is a great deal

I'm sorry if you take offense to this, but people doing what you do just makes Craigslist a pain to use. Just tire kickers throwing out offers that they aren't serious about.

Last Time I sold something on Craigslist list I accepted three offers before the 4th guy actually followed through.

Unfortunately most peoples word doesn't mean anything.

had that little gem for a long time. I'd snag it in a heart beat. Invest in one of their vac's great combo.

That model of Festool sander works just fine, but should have asked prior to making the offer. If you made the offer and the seller accepted, do the right thing and complete the purchase. Concerning that specific sander, I wouldn't even consider a tool that was in that condition. He's trying to sell an item and will say what a buyer wants to hear in order to sell. A tool that looks that abused was abused.
    Last edited by Rich Riddle; 03-02-2017 at 9:02 PM.

Sorry guys didn't mean to offend anyone. I guess the only reason I would have passed was if it wasn't in perfect working condition. I bought it today and tested it and it seems to work perfectly. I sell on Craigslist occasionally as well and never want to be a pain to the seller. Thanks for all the input!

Certainly a lot of sander for that price.

Quote Originally Posted by Samuel Green View Post
    Sorry guys didn't mean to offend anyone. I guess the only reason I would have passed was if it wasn't in perfect working condition. I bought it today and tested it and it seems to work perfectly. I sell on Craigslist occasionally as well and never want to be a pain to the seller. Thanks for all the input!

Good on ya, sometimes hard to get the nuances of what people write quickly online.

Enjoy the sander, I have the exact same model.