Thread: Window herb garden

Window herb garden

IMG_4827.jpg
    Hi All - I am building a window box herb garden. I am using pipe and flange to go across the window. My question is any idea how I would attach the box to the pipe. I thought maybe hooks but I think that would not allow the box to sit properly. I appreciate any suggestions. Similar to the picture except I will build a box and use galvanized pipe to support the weight.

Last edited by Keri Gollance; 03-03-2017 at 8:45 AM.

Still not sure whether it would sit properly, (may tend to rotate) but you may look at pipe clamps, something like this...

"When the horse is dead, GET OFF."

Pardon my question, but isn't this backwards? I would attach the pipes to the wooden frame, however you choose (holes or clamps, whatever) and then attach the box to the wall around the window. This attachment could be with cleats, screws to the window trim, or anything suitable. There would be no question of whether the box/pipes are attached properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kieve View Post
    Still not sure whether it would sit properly, (may tend to rotate) but you may look at pipe clamps, something like this...

Thank you - that is just the advice I needed! I appreciate you taking the time to help.

Keri

I agree - the pipe is more for aesthetic reasons. Thank you for taking the time to help!