Thread: Table Top Saw

Table Top Saw

My son just bought a house and is getting married in May. He is looking for a decent portable TS. I haven't kept up on these any suggestions? (remember dad is probably buying this)

Thanks,

Mike

Any of the job site contractor saws, I have the Dewalt for doing a little work when not in my shop.

Think the DeWalt is the most popular, but if you want the safest go with the SawStop.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success!

Here's a good recent review of portable saws: https://www.protoolreviews.com/tools...hootout/24024/

I have an earlier version of the Ridgid for job site use. It's like 2 versions previous, but a good saw. If I was to buy one today I'd give the Skil wormdrive table saw consideration.

Does it have to be portable Mike? A full size contractor saw with a belt drive induction motor offers better bones, better safety due to the mass and operating space in front of the blade, and more potential for growth. Good used contractor saws are plentiful in my area, and often go in the $100 range, leaving some money of a decent blade.

If it's got to be portable, the Ridgid, DW, and Bosch are the perennial top dogs.
    Last edited by scott spencer; 03-04-2017 at 7:12 AM.
    Happiness is like wetting your pants...everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth....

I love my Bosch 4100! I did add a Sharkguard for improved dust collection.

Thanks for the suggestions - he wants it to be portable. I just ordered the DeWalt from Sears they had $35 off and $123 in rewards points!

you might take a look at the revised Paulk workbench for him to build and hang the saw off the end. pretty slick bench.