Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments

We celebrated my daughter's, Jennifer, 21st birthday yesterday at a place called Fast Eddies Bon Air in Alton IL. She turned 21 yesterday, March 5.
    Vortex! What Vortex?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Mioux View Post
    We celebrated my daughter's, Jennifer, 21st birthday yesterday at a place called Fast Eddies Bon Air in Alton IL. She turned 21 yesterday, March 5.
    Oooh...I'm honored to share a birthday with her!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Late to the thread, but finally finished that knife box I mentioned on an Akeda thread a while back
    IMG_5757.jpg

Finally got to spend some time in the shop to work on a scroll saw project I've been trying to finish for over a month. Like some of you, I'm also dealing with an elderly parent. We had to move Mom in with us this week end. Spent several hours of phone time, & getting her comfortable. Her being a diabetic & falling several times, the wife & I had a hectic weekend. I cherish my few hours of shop time when I can get away to get it.
    Sawdust703

I actually enjoy building things for the shop - odd, I know. So I built a rack on to hang my new dubuque bar clamps and another to hold my corner clamps. Both required some thinking because of space limitations. Plus, the Adjustable brand corner clamps that I have are shaped oddly, kind of like a protractor. But it was a good weekend!

Fred
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Even later to the thread, but I got the last load of rough Ash down into the basement on Saturday. About 250 bf total 4/4 and 8/4 Ash. I must be getting old because that was the heaviest lumber I have ever moved... This is going to be a timberframe-inspired lumber rack in the end. Which, if the math and engineering (well, my gut instinct..) are correct, will allow me to store about 1600 bf in a corner in the basement. This will clean up the couple stacks of stickered lumber in the middle of the floor and also free up a couple corners where I can build more storage to collect stuff that I've been tripping around over the years. And give me plenty of room for impulse buys..

Small gloat - while at the lumber mill, I grabbed a couple 15" wide 10' 4/4 Ash bookmatched boards. Have not found Ash that wide before. Was originally going to use in the lumber rack build but I couldn't bring myself to cut it into little pieces. So, those boards end up on the rack (when it's done) waiting on a better project.
    Brian

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger or more complicated...it takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." - E.F. Schumacher

Finished up a mid century modern clock for my wife's anniversary gift.

Hickory from the "twisted all crazy" pile at my local hardwood distributor and clock guts from Amazon.

This is was my first time working with hickory and that stuff is HARD!

. IMG_1523.jpg

Nice job, Fred! Reminds me of things that I grew up with.